Cannot log into my ecloud

I’ve logged in several times in the past few months, been using it intermittently, no problems.

Today, several failed logins now, from multiple devices … cannot get a “password reset” (it says my email address doesn’t exist …). Starting to get throttled (multiple failed attempts, must wait 20 seconds … 30 seconds … etc, before my next login attempt).

I mean, I guess it’s possible I’m using the wrong password (highly doubtful), but I know my email address … just tested it. Email (via T-Bird) is still working, just fine, coming and going.

Any ideas? Thanx in advance,
r

Addendum … solved, I think. First of all (oops), I found the correct password, and logged in successfully.

However … I still was unable to generate a password-reset email. Now I’m looking inside my Nextcloud/ecloud account settings, and it looks like I need to manually assign my password-reset email (which I never did) … is that correct? It does not default to my @e.email address?

Yes you have to assign an email ID manually where your password reset details can be sent. It does not default to your e.email address since it is assumed you would be locked out of the e.email Id and want it to be reset. So an alternate email ID should be provided so that details can be used to reset you e.email ID