Cannot use f-droid after reset my FP3

Hello,

I don’t know if this is the right place to fix a problem I had with my FP3 with the stable version of / e /

Turns out I had to restore the OS to factory defaults because I got a virus and I can’t get f-droid to have the necessary permissions to be able to install apps or update existing ones. This is the message I got: «The system permissions were not granted on the extension. If you can, report this bug!» … any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hello,

At first attempt to install something fro F-Droid, you should be prompted with:

From there, go to Settings and allow F-Droid to install packages:

If already done, as you didn’t describe exactly what happened with the virus problem, I’ll recommend to restart with /e/ ROM installation: this will overwrite your system, wiping out any malware that could remain.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the answer.

The problem with the virus was that he sent SMS without stopping (I had an invoice of € 186 + VAT only for the SMS). Now this problem is already fixed.

The truth is that F-Droid does not appear between applications with chances of giving them installation installation permissions:

I guess I will have to reinstall the entire system from scratch instead of returning it to factory values.

Thanks.

Just another thing, from where I better install f-droid after resetting the FP3, from the APK or from the Apps app?

I installed from Apps, works fine :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ll try and say somehting

I’ve made a fresh installation of /e/ and I’ve got f-droid able to install apps:

Thanks for your help @smu44

2 Likes