Can't install /e/ on Xiaomi Rednote 5 according to wiki's instructions

Problem solved, I think the wiki instructions for installation should be completed with one optional step as I describe here.

Wiki page for /e/ installation on Xiamo Rednote 5.
Source for the fix.

On the Installing a custom recovery part, at 5 is recommended to do :
fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-whyred.img

I’d recommend the following :

(optional) If 5 failed because of anti-rollback check, download the ARB bypasser here. Extract the content and use it for :
fastboot flash antirbpass FILE.img
fastboot flash recovery twrp-x.x.x-x-whyred.img

There is a way (that I can’t find back) to avoid this and still install /e/ but TWRP won’t be installed and, for example, make any update impossible as it recquires a compatible recovery.
I didn’t dare post this directly on the GitLab as an issue, I hope I did right and, more, I hope this will help.

2 Likes

You are right to mention it. I encountered the issue and solve it on my own with external info.
Maybe @Manoj could report it to someone, so the wiki would be updated.

1 Like

Hi @rhunault with ref to Xiaomi Rednote 5 whyred phones there seems to be a line missing in our wiki documentation.
Please can you have wiki updated to include the changes as mentioned by @anon83572368 above. Alternately we can have a reference to this post for users.
Thanks @willysama for pointing this out.

1 Like

I’d just like to say I’ve just reinstalled /e/ on the same device: the new instructions on the wiki are perfect and works just fine.

1 Like