Censorship on /e/ website and poor convictions!

Why do you have multiple accounts? we all know who you are Harvey.

1 Like

Next lie !!! Please show me my second or third or what ever acount !!!

Ok, i’m a liar. I hope you live a long life, maybe someday you will grow up.

so you can’t show me. Please stop bashing me. Thx

You are bashing the forum, if you stop doing that i will stop too.

2 Likes

Yeah, it is. Whereas with /e/ there are two main actors. And if I mention their names, everyone can imagine what happens. It remains to be seen until more e’sympathis/e/rs leave.

3 Likes

Please stop spamming that topic with non relevant remark and it looks like you didn’t read the initial message, it’s not about personal issues as you state ! (profile reported for spam !). End of out-topic here guys :expressionless:

3 Likes

Good luck to attract more people if you don’t communicate where they are (GAFAM sites and tools).

5 Likes

I myself don’t read on USAmerican so-called social media à la Twitter & Co. However, marketing must also take place there in order to address potential interested parties. In the sense of @Vaughan: »If the mountain won’t come to the prophet, the prophet must go to the mountain»« (saying from the Orient)

5 Likes

OK, my post was an answer to @Popescu posts. If you think it was offtopic, OK. But for me it looks like the topic was the “censorship”. But it seems I was wrong.
So I will stop til I have something to post something what better fits.

Response from the team that posts these topics : Ideally it would be great if we could do contests on mastodon. Sadly the platform features do not permit to efficiently host and track this kind of operation.
And then there’s always the issue, that many on Mastodon and alternative platforms are already aware of the issues around data privacy . if we want to be able to raise awareness with others, we need to be where those people are…
There are some posts in this thread which are off-topic and were flagged by some of the users. I have ignored the flags as others have responded to the posts and hiding these off topic posts will create gaps in the thread. All the same I request forum users to avoid bringing personal issues on the forum. Pl stick to the topic of the thread.

16 Likes

Easy e-brothers and sisters !!
No need for this all … if you love e don’t hurt it !
More love more kindness …

9 Likes

Hey Man,

First, don’t mind my english, I speak it like a spanish cow !

Hey, Bud " Rome wasn’t built in one day "

and plz keep in mind the following

" It always easier to criticize then to act ".

First, /e/ isn’t perfect, like you, like us, because we are all humans. We are all unperfect. Do I have to remind it to you?

Plz, tell us what you can bring to /e/ to be near perfection?

Kind regards,

Khazar

8 Likes

May I offer another perspective? Do you know who else is a great platform? US! for example I have created, for my community two presentations. We are the teachers, I gathered data from research on other reputable .org sites like EFF.org (The Electronic Frontier Foundation is the leading nonprofit organization defending civil liberties in the digital world. ) even Tristan Harris’ web site he was ex google employee his title technology ethicist ( hahah at Google right? ) Tristan Harris left Google in 2015 after creating a 141-slide presentation on the need to minimize distraction and respect users’ attention, which since his departure, has reportedly been seen by tens of thousands of Google employees according to The Verge.

After leaving Google, Harris co-founded the Time Well Spent non-profit organization which is now known as the Center for Humane Technology. His views are middle of the road but that’s a far cry from the insidious, and sadistic views of Google, Alphabet and Sidewalk labs view.

there at least 20 .org sites around the world seriously discussing privacy search using Qwant or Swisscows or Startpage and gather data. .org privacy see what results you get. People don’t even know about any other search engine, Google is all they know. that in itself is dangerous.

Then I created 15 minute talk on what a smartphone even is how it works what its made of, and 35 minute talk on privacy and why it is important in being human?, I went to my local community and got those talks on the library web site.

Also now that you know about ephone , in the midst of a 30 second conversation at the bust stop or in grocery store line or wherever a conversation is steering in that direction mention there is an alternative, people are starving for alternative but don’t know what they don’t know… WE are the platform what comes out of our mouth matters! :slight_smile: Never allow “inevitability” in your vocabulary. Finally read the Vanderbilt University study on Google. Its right here provided by e on their about page. Select " Research published by Digital Content Next in August 2018 revealed staggering facts about passive data collection…" it is part of my third talk I have been researching privacy issues for 4 years. we need to back ePhone and help make it better. You have every right, yes by constructive criticism, and disagreement that’s how systems improve, the designers are willing to listen. You are right! but also by telling others lets not leave that job up to someone else. Cheers!

Google got to be a problem because we let them. But as you see around the world we can change it, but it will take time. It took time to get as bad as it did. The US is prefect example.

6 Likes

Today I read about the giveaway of an /e/ Fairphone. As I understand it, you need to “like” the anouncement on Twitter, and retweet it, or something like that, on Twitter.

This made me sad.

/e/ promotes itself as an OS to “de-Google” the device, so we can have a chance to take back our privacy and our data. Great, I like that a lot, I am grateful to /e/ for that.

I speak for myself, but I suspect many others might feel the same way: My desire to de-google my device is part of a larger general effort in my life to stay as far away as possible from Big Tech. Big Tech steals our information, tracks us, strips us of our privacy, crushes competition, destroys local business, stifles free speech, and generally are hateful platforms very toxic to human relationships. So, I was dismayed to see /e/ promoting this on Twitter - worse, restricting it to Twitter.

I don’t need a phone, so it means little to me whether I am able to participate in the drawing. I refuse to use Twitter - or Facebook, or Reddit, etc., so I am excluding myself anyway. Like I wrote above, I was taken aback when I saw the relationship between /e/ and Twitter in the anouncemnt. My assumption - hope - was that the philosophy of those leading /e/ regarding Big Tech is similar to mine, maybe I am mistaken?

4 Likes

I do agree with you 100% I have 0 interest and connection to any of those accept to be aware they are insidious, Googles meddles in everything and now they and Amazon want to meddle in vehicles, I own an old VW, and worse Google now wants be involved in the healthcare field? They will sell you to the highest bidder. The behaviour modification is so subtle and undetectable at times. FB Twitter, have almost ruined a generation of youth and their thinking. I don’t know what to say about /e/ and twitter. Perhaps the idea, is if Twiiter abd FB are going to invade peoples lives then let /e/ invade twitter and subvert the dominate paradigm.

Frankly I liked the local telecom companies LAN lines I dont know where you are but at one time in history Germany federal gov. subsidized the phone company, The Postal service subsidized telephones, Why we need this things at all. But if they are going to exist

they have to be made safe and private.

2 Likes

Things are a little more subtle here. Lead Developer ‘Guntram’ offers a ban already as Telegram greeting text:

➥Telegram

ATTENTION: NO OffTopic allowed.
Who violates this will be dismissed

@NoName161,
why do you think you are still a Telegram member? But not because you give tritely words from you??

This thread is going off topic. Request all to stick to the point and criticize /e/ :slight_smile:
Personal attacks and name calling does not help anyone.
Free speech and positive criticism does not require one to hide behind pseudonyms and false ID’s.

This thread was about why /e/ used social media channels like telegram the official response is already available here.

8 Likes