Check before you buy

Just to check - is the Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F 32GB supported? I am sure I read about an installer (possibly still beta) that can be used from a laptop (I use Linux Mint) to install eOS on your phone. I cannot find reference to it now an any e.foundation webpage!

This is from the full spec of Galaxy S7 G930F;

“The phone is powered by the Exynos 8890 soc with a Quad-Core 2.3 GHz + Quad-Core 1.6 GHz configuration. Memory is 4GB, with the device offering 32GB (UFS2.0) internal storage.”

Samsung Galaxy S7 - “herolte” SM-G930F

Pls have a look here https://e.foundation/register-to-test-the-e-os-installer/

The S7 exynos is in the list of device. If it is also the G930F I can’t say for sure. Don’t know which variations are available

Thanks, no more testers needed right now it seems. I will wait for the installer to be more widely released - I don’t think I am up to flashing a phone!! And the pre-installed ones for sale are a bit pricey!!!

I think the tester should have a little background knowledge and should be able to flash the zip manually for better reporting issues with the installer.
I have send you the information to let you know that there is a good chance that your phone will be supported and that you have some more arguments to decide of buying or not

1 Like

How much €uro are you willing to invest for a Galaxy S7 SM-G930F with pre-installed /e/ OS dev (nougat)? Maybe I can help you…

If you don’t want to answer publicly, you can also write me via PM message