Close to purchase Fairphone 4 with /e/OS - but last question. ;)

Hi,

I’m very close to purchase a Fairphone 4 with /e/OS preinstalled. However, I just wanted to make sure that those two apps work with /e/OS. Unfortunately, I discovered quite different statements here in the forum.

DKB (banking app) - listed as working, but I found no comments enforcing it
Sparkasse (banking app) - listed as working, but I found no comments enforcing it

Thanks so much
Alex

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Two banking Apps, ok.

If you could live without them for a while, should the need arise (which can happen considering the degoogled nature of /e/OS on top of being a custom ROM, which most banking Apps don’t like running on in the first place) … /e/OS should be fine for you. If the Apps are listed as working by users, there’s a good chance you won’t run into any trouble, but there’s no guarantee.

If you really (really!) need them to work for you 100% of the time if possible, better stick with the googled stock OS of any Android phone.

1 Like

I have an FP4 and use the GLS mBank app which supports also other bank accounts. Pretty sure it will support also your DKB and Sparkasse accounts and you dont need to have a GLS bank account to use it

1 Like

Thanks a lot. This is really helpful advice. So I guess there aren’t that many issues with the Push TAN Apps, are there? Because those would need to be installed in addition to the GLS mBank account.

That I dont know but would assume so. I use chipTAN

1 Like

S-pushTAN app is working on current /e/OS (stable) on FP4.

1 Like

I’m interested to explore, but GLS Bank itself just pushes you to Google Store; it’s not on Murena. Where did you find a safe download? Many thanks.

you can find it in the App Lounge, search for GLS mBank

1 Like

Thanks, but I can’t. No returns under the name; even if I plough through all apps beginning with GL it’s not there. My lounge is set to all apps, unfiltered. Any thoughts what I am doing wrong? Many thanks.

[If I request de.gls.mbank it suggests already either there or requested. Though I note Google Play now calls this GLS mBank Classic and says, “A prerequisite for mobile banking with GLS mBank Classic is an account with GLS Bank.

There is a (newer?) app de.gls.banking; not sure if this is a replacement, but I have requested this in App lounge to look.]

Do you use IP hiding in advanced privacy. The gls app could be geo blocked.

Have you found a solution? Given my daily routines, a smartphone without online banking wouldn’t make much sense. Thanks a lot for your feedback.

Another try would be Buhl Finanzblick which supports many banks. Also try as suggested with deactivating advanced privacy function prior searching in App Lounge.
You can also try to use Aurora Store - I thinks it the only one where you can install your Google App Stores app where you paid for apps