Comaps unable to find my position

Since either the update of /e/OS to v4.3 or since a recent update of the Comaps app Comaps is unable to find my position. Other GPS apps do not have this difficulty. I have used Comaps without issue before, therefore I suspect one of the updates.

Any ideas what this could be? Thank you.

/e/OS 4.3-a16 on Teracube 2e zirconia

I can confirm that location is found OK in CoMaps 2026.08.31-14-FDroid (latest version) on my FP6 running v4.3.

Thanks. My Comaps version is the same, but alas, does not find my location. The mystery continues.

Don’t know why it would change, but it cannot hurt to check Location in Advanced Privacy (especially the list of exempted apps if you denied Location in general).

My latest version of Comaps on v4.3 runs very well. Probably you can clean the cache for the app?

Thanks, at first glance emptying the cache may have done the trick. (Should have thought of that :slightly_smiling_face:) I am not walking about at the moment, so I cannot be totally sure yet. This morning at home my location was correctly marked on the map, but when I started my walk, it lost it.
By the way: when walking I have no internet. For my other GPS apps that does not make a difference, so I guess it shouldn’t for Comaps either.
When moving about I will check again and let you know if the problem is solved.

1 Like

One thing I have just noticed doing another test walking around a bit is that Location is turning off occasionally, I don’t know why. Does Location stay on for you when using CoMaps?

This may be a different issue as it also then happened in Memory-Map for All. I need to test further.

Alas, today the location pointer remained stuck on my starting position. Emptying the cache, force quitting the app and restarting the phone all did not resolve the issue. I will keep experimenting.
I rather like Comaps when it works. I like the maps better than those of /e/OS’ native Maps (MagicEarth).

I also like Comaps. It’s a great offline navigation app. Sorry to say, but is runs smoothly on my FP5 with v4.3
Is it possible that you have enabled the security option ‘Spoof GPS location’? Then you have to whitelist comaps.

Thanks, but no, that is not it.
Comaps seems to work well for most. It did for me too before. I don’t know if the problem started after an update of Comaps or /e/OS or not, as I don’t use GPS daily. Actually, when I don’t need GPS I always switch off location services.
Will keep trying.

If you have the F-Droid version installed you could test whether it’s your particular installation of CoMaps that’s causing this by, in addition, installing either the Playstore version from App Lounge or the version directly from CoMaps here .

1 Like

Thank you. I will look into that some time next week, as right now I am traveling.

1 Like