Commonly used apps available?

For Twitter I just use their mobile website in Firefox/Fennec, no need to install a separate app.

Twitter is also available as a PWA, but I’ve not tried any PWAs in /e/ yet.

2 Likes

Exactly! their mobile website is fine. This is what works best for me at the end.

1 Like

The twitter apk downloaded from apkpure… Twitter_v7.68.1-release.7_apkpure.com.apk (or which ever is the latest version) works fine on my /e/ ROM. Have been testing it for a couple of weeks without any issue. If a person is not really interested in being up to date on the latest tweets then as you mention the twitter website is the best option.

1 Like

If the browser supports notifications (which Fennec does) then the website can keep you up to date as well as the app can, I think. Certainly the PWA version can.

I have brief question related to this. I really love Telegram, but still I have some friends/family members that I am in touch only with messenger (fb). I am new to android (/e/ is my first android based experience) and I do not know if there is some alternative I can use to get in touch with fb contacts? I have installed Messenger for now, but I do not like it and do not want it. Do you know anything, that can help me?

Messenger Lite is perfect