Comparison Table of Android ROMs

Here you find a comparison table of different Android ROMs. Well done. It allows to see how /e/OS is positioned in technical terms compared to some main ROMs.

https://eylenburg.github.io/android_comparison.htm

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

9 Likes

Hi ralxx

Interesting find.
Still, the table looks like a (in)direct commercial for GrapheneOS.

2 Likes

It does, although it does also point out that GrapheneOS is only available for Google devices

1 Like

True. I initially wanted to point out that out, but refrained.
Yet Graphene OS seems to be the most de-googled of all while also “sarcastically” is reserved for devices produced for Google.
Still, it seems to support only very recent devices (Pixel 6 and above) so I’m in no danger to be tempted to try it…

2 Likes

It really looks like I should look into GrapheneOS. However, the fact that it only runs on Google Pixel hardware is holding me back: I’m sure Google is listening in at the hardware level…

No, a Google device is out of the question for me.

I am surprised by this:
DNS connectivity check
is Google

but why, when
DNS server fallback
is Quad9

and
Connectivity check/captive portal
is Murena.io

1 Like

and they say that Xiaomi devices are not supported by /e/… whereas i have it installed on a MI8 since 2019 :thinking:

same for Asus, Sony and Motorola that are yet supported.

1 Like

they also say “only showing “stable” releases” (maybe a debatable decision - not sure if “dev”-level is not as good as releases of other ROMs which do not seem to have this sort of differenciation…)

1 Like

I think it has also to do with how ‘dev’ is marketed, it is described by /e/OS as ‘unstable and untested’.

Edit: This should be the despriction:
Unless marked as stable, many /e/OS builds here are not intended for daily use. All builds labelled as dev have not been fully tested yet and may contain major bugs. All builds are provided as best effort, without any guarantee.

2 Likes

The “supported devices” section in the table has been changed for eOS, it does no longer differentiate “dev” or “stable” …

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 15 days. New replies are no longer allowed.