Contribute to /e/OS

Hi Manoj,

Please also consider a crowdfunding campaign for new devices, feature etc…
Thanks to the whole eFoundation team for the great work!

2 Likes

Regarding voice to text, home assistant is working on multiple language support for intents this year too, might be helpful for the dev team to glance over. 2023: Home Assistant's year of Voice - Home Assistant

Chipped in my modest contribution for 2022 just two days ago. :slight_smile:

While for now, I didn’t become a Patr(e)on, I did measure my donation on a fixed per month “fee” basis (sending an annual total) and plan to do so again in a year. :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Like @urs_lesse, I will do the same in the next days. Thanks eFoundation, the team and also this community.

1 Like

I would be happy to donate through platforms like Liberapay or Opencollective. Both are more aligned with the goals and philosophy of /e/, and it probably helps to create a presence in at least one of these platforms.

Interestingly, this post got flagged as spam when I tried sharing links to the sites mentioned above… :confused:

Have added some options available to contribute with the urls in the initial post.

:slight_smile: This would be one of the most popular requests from users. Sales of merchandise is definitely in our plans. Will share details when I have more inputs.

11 Likes

in the past DONATIONS / Liberapay were not possible, but at some point I guess donating was enabled, as a value at the project page is shown. Can you confirm or deny if liberapay is an accepted way to donate and if so, link it in the donation pages?

I mean more a crowdfunding campaign for new devices…

I found the /e/ Foundation on both Liberapay and Opencollective :

https://liberapay.com/eFoundation/

https://opencollective.com/e_foundation

(don’t know whether this is reliable or not)

1 Like

I saw these, but they are not mentioned anywhere in the official website or documentation. I’m obviously very reluctant to put money on something that is not confirmed by official sources. I tried bringing this up on another thread but got no response either.

1 Like

That is an interesting idea @ronnz98 but then we also need users interested in being the ROM Maintainers.

1 Like

Maybe @Manoj can confirm that these donation channels are legit or not??

2 Likes

These donation channels are legit. Have requested the web developers to add all the available options on a single page to avoid confusion.

10 Likes

Big thanks for everybody contributing his/her time and competence for /e/!
Donating money is so easy in comparison (just did it)…
I am using it in my family broadly now and its working mostly easy.
And with my remainig questions I often find or get answers here in the forums.
I’d love to have the wireless screen share feature solved and also the camera quality issues. I know its a long time until Christmas again… :wink:

If there is another way for me as an amateur to contribute to /e( other than donating and promoting it let us all know!

1 Like

I have added some options in the initial post, that you can explore.

1 Like

I donated early on, I think, since I have a much worn T-shirt and stickers lost in an envelope somewhere.
Didn’t know about OpenCollective. Since I use it for other projects I guess I’ll add Murena to the mix.

did that happen already? just wondering which page you are referring to as neither the “donate” nor the “donate alternatives” -pages mention liberapay or opencollective at all (?)

2 Likes

Team seems to have missed that update. I have created an issue for this and marked it for the internal teams.

6 Likes

I didn’t know I could give directly to /e/OS with paypal.
thank you for the link. I changed from patreon to ‘direct’ monthly donation via paypal.
I might contact donation@murena.io later for iban informations.