Data migration Blocked

Hello! I can’t copy anything from my Google account. Google blocked the murena.io application. What to do?

1 Like

New user here, having the same issue.

1 Like

This is frustrating. When I got my murena phone over 2 years ago the google data migration worked great. Now trying to set up my wifes new murena phone and I get the same thing. I think it is on google’s side. They must have gotten wise to people doing this and blocked it. The annoying part is there is no way to go into your gmail account and permit it. It’s like they play dumb.

Could be wrong about that, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

That said @Manoj do you know if there is a workaround?

Let me share the details with the developers and get back with their response.

hi there,
i cannot find the “data migration” function in the navigation of my murena workspace:

can anyone help? most of the migration instructions/documentations by murena from google involves this function. i was able to manually migrate contacts and calendar but i am stuck with photos and not sure about the rest. i feel very frustrated that this is not working seemlessly as i requested murena before i bought such a phone… grrrr… anyway, does anyone have the same status/issue and can someone help? thanks, sonia

1 Like

I have the same problem, got my Fairphone 4 yesterday and I m stuck with Data migration since this function does not appear in my Murena Account. Let s see if Murena team can help

1 Like

I confirm that using Nextcloud 27.1.8.3 Data Migration does not show up on the left hand menu as indicated in the official Support topic,

Migrate your data from Google Cloud to Murena Workspace.

I do however see “Experimental”. When selected I read:

You are part of the beta users.

Note : as the features are not released yet, you may encounter some bugs. Please report them or give your feedback using the form below.
Here is the list of currently available beta features:
Cookbook
Forms
User migration

Looking at the available apps at the top of the page, more, three dot does show as Beta apps Cookbook and Forms, but still no sign of data migration.

I am not sure if I shared the response in some other thread… anyway this was the response from the team

…Yes Data migration app is not a verified app for Google. We await Google’s verification to re-enable it. We are in the process of discussions with Google on this…

Will update in case there is any progress.

4 Likes

Hi @Manoj and thanks for your response. I was expecting exactly this. However, Murena should provide us with alternative approaches and at the very least with instructions as to how best do the transfers to the Murena cloud if and when Google puts itself in between. Nothing new here…

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.