Data privacy on FP-5 (Concern was solved)

Last week I received my FP-5 and installed /e/ on it. Mostly since I wanted to escape the surveillance nightmare that is currently going on.
What bothers me is that my even the apps that are provided by FP-5 use built in trackers. E.g. the maps app uses google ad mob and other google trackers.
What is the reasoning behind this, especially in the light of what /e/ stands for:

We don’t scan your data on your phone or in the cloud, we don’t log or track your GPS location, we don’t collect what you’re doing with your apps. We never will.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/OS the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

The maps app itself has no trackers, but if you use the (built-in) browser, website trackers are going to be blocked :

2 Likes

Ah okay! Then that is the reason! Thanks for explaining this. Seemed a bit strange for me. This attack vector of the ad industry was nothing I had thought of, but your explanation makes perfekt sense.

I am very concerned with these tracking systems so thanks for clearing that up for me!