Default apps for Notes and Music

I open a petition to change the default applications of notes and music.

My proposals are:

• Vinyl Music Player for music instead of the stock lineage os music app; it lacks features: you cannot search inside the library, see music folders, etc…

• Nextcloud Notes for notes, although the current app is a fork, it has less features and it feels more buggy than the original nextcloud one.

So in my opinion, these 2 easy changes to the default apps will drastically improve /e/OS and take it to the next level :slight_smile:

p.d. also to add the nextcloud app by default would be great

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

3 Likes

Have you tried groove music? I love the feature of this app and its appearance is just awesome. I am addicted to this app whenever I am working in my company which is balloons delivery I always run this in the background and don’t hesitate to listen to the best music of my daily life. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Is that the Groove Music Radio app by appactiva from the Play Store? Streaming, with the trackers and ads? Quite sure that’s not something that one would consider for a default app in a deGoogled environment. :smirk:

If that’s not it, can’t find another called Groove Music anywhere.

I used Vinyl for sometime but eventually ran into some issues (can’t remember exactly what, but I want to say it was crashing quite a bit).
I would agree that the current default Music app is somewhat lacking and would recommend Retro Music Player (named Metro on F-Droid). I have yet to find anything I dislike about it.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I just tried Metro and it’s so much better than Vinyl. Definetly made the swap

I prefer the built in one. What bugs are you hitting?

Metro is a fab music app though.

Thank you, Can i give the advice?

By all means, yes.
Welcome. :raising_hand_man: