Device setup stuck

Hi,

I successfully installed e recovery and e os 1.5 on kuntao. After starting it the first time, I set
the language and typed in my wifi password. After that the setup is stuck and tells me after a while to use another wifi. But its the same with others and mobile data. So I say skip and it will say please wait forever. Also trying offline install doesnt work it will be stuck at please wait too. Is this a bug, what can I do? It is a supported device…

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Hi @omginput, welcome to this forum.

I have never connected to wifi nor to mobile data during the first boot setup, and i never encountred problem…

If it persist, Try to apply a factory reset from the recovery mode.

Have you kuntao too? I already reinstalled it once, same problem.

No, i am on Samsung Galaxy s4mini, s4, s4active

How long does “Please wait” usually last? 10 mins or longer?

Less than a few seconds

What could the issue be?

Just guessing at what the issue could be … Does it help to look at your preparation before installing /e/ ? What was your previous OS and Android version ? Did you remove all accounts (especially Google) as well as (to be on the safe side) Factory reset ?

Previous OS was Lineage 18.1. The device lost support for Lineage. Thats why I switch. Yeah, I did factory reset. I used e os 1.5 the Android R (beta) version. Could that be why? Should I go for Q?

I don’t think that will help, Lineage 18.1 should be equivalent to /e/OS 1.5-r both are Android 11.

If you do not get a better suggestion it might be worth considering going back to the latest manufactures ROM – perhaps it was Nougat (from a quick search).

This approach would fit with this “general purpose” prerequisite

Caution: Do not install /e/OS on top of a higher version of stock OS. Before installing /e/OS ensure your device has the latest stock OS of the same version as /e/OS. If only lower versions of the stock are available then install the last available lower version before installing /e/OS.

I never had a problem with Lineage. The stock rom is totally outdated. Before that I try getting Android 12 to kuntao for Lineage.

Also why would someone provide e for kuntao if he didnt get it to run on his own device?

Version Q works perfectly. In R I had the AOSP install now I got a custom e themed installer. Hmm