Device supported ? Xiaomi (Red)Mi A2

Hi everyone,
I’m interested by /e/ OS, so I was looking about the supported devices, and I saw there was a Xiaomi Mi A2 in the list (no with easy-installer, but on the list we get following a link under the easy-installer section).
I got recently a Xiaomi Redmi A2, and I was wondering if it was the same device (sorry if the answer of my question is obvious), and so if I was able to root the phone to install /e/ on it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You should be able to find your device name in the settings on your phone and also the installed Android version. With this information it should be easier to answer your question.

Installing e/Os is not the same as rooting your phone.

You don´t need to root your phone for installing e/OS but you must unlock the Bootloader for it.
After you have acces to the Bootloader you can also root your device if you know what your doing.
But I would not do the latter myself because some apps will no longer work in connection with safety and you run the risk that you brick your phone.

Xiaomi Redmi A2 and Xiaomi Mi A2 are two completely different devices. Therefore, the /e/ROM is not compatible with your Xiaomi Redmi A2.

Xiaomi Redmi A2 model codename is “water”.
6.52" 720x1600 px Mediatek Helio G36

Xiaomi Mi A2 Model codename is “jasmine_sprout”.
5.99" 1080x2160 px, Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.