Disable VPN for one application

Hello,

I am using v1.0 of /E/ Foundation on a Fairphone 3.

Some of the application does not work correctly behind a VPN so I need often to totally disable VPN on my phone.

Is-it possible to disable VPN for only one application?

Thanks.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

What VPN do you mean? Advanced Privacy? :wave:

Yes with Advanced Privacy.

I found some options by application (not hide the IP / locate the phone in my country) and these help me to solve some of my issue.

For example when Advanced Privacy is activated, my local printer is not detected. Any way to disable it only for this part ?

It seems that the network is slower with advanced privacy, someone can confirm ?

Hello,
You disable Advanced Privacy completely to send your print job, that’s how I do it too.

In Gitlab, the suggestion has already been made to implement location obfuscation for individual app selection as well.

I hope the speed of the internet connection (TOR) will be improved in one of the next updates, because this is not usable in my daily workflow.

Greetings
Stefan

1 Like

The “hide my IP” function in Advanced privacy should be smart enough to notice when you’re trying to access a destination in the same subnet as the phone’s IP and not send it through the VPN.
I have apps which access both the internet and local resources - I want them behind the VPN when going out to the internet, but I need them to be able to access IPs on my home network (in the same subnet), and if this traffic is sent through the VPN, they will never be able to reach any destination in my home network.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to be the case (I’m hoping this will be implemented in one of the future /e/OS versions.