Disappear : Double tape on screen to wake-up

Hi all, i have bought a FP4.

I’m surprised to not seen the option “Double tape on screen to wake-up”.

I have flash 1.15-s-20230913330639-stable-FP4 version of e os.

Normally, the link to switch on the option is the following.

Parameters → Display → Other display parameters → “Double tape on screen to wake-up”.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

You could have a look at the WaveUp app. Not exactly the same but using the approximation sensor is a good alternative in many cases.

A problem is that tapping or swiping requires hardware which supports this also when the display is off. This is something only a few devices are able to. All Blackberry 10 devices used swiping up from the bottom to the middle as wake-up gesture, this was doable with a thumb, one-handed, and it never happened in the pocket. But this is not to achieve without special hardware.

1 Like

I assume you are comparing an option that was available on OEM stock ROM and not from a previous /e/OS build?
If so, custom ROMs do not always support the same options one may have been accustomed to from a stock ROM. If the feature does exist I guess it would be under Settings → Display somewhere.

Much to my surprise, dt2w was only recently added to the Teracube 2e emerald (maybe two builds ago?). Never expected that since it didn’t exist from the beginning.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.