DNS can't resolve certain websites using mobil data

I have S8 with e installed and since a couple of weeks I have the problem, that I can’t access certain websites using mobile data, if I connect to a wifi, everything works as expected.

When I use a trace route app it tells me, that the DNS can’t resolve the address.

I had blokada installed, and initially it worked. After the websites to loading I unistalled blokada, but that didn’t help.

DNS is set to use the one from the provider. If I set one manually, digitalcourage or even google, it doesn’t work at all.

I’m really puzzled and don’t really know what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

something changed the APN, after setting it up manually it works again!

I faced same problem. Somehow Samsung S8 does not necessarily get correct carrier settings (APN) from the carrier and those should be set manually. In my case I use operator that previously was independent operator but got bought by a larger operator. Phone had found this large operators APN settings and I did not realize that my operator still has its own APN settings. When I inserted those, everything works!

It would be nice if you folks on e can add description of this to Samsung S8 install guide. “Correct carrier APN settings should be set manually if certain websites are not accessible using mobile data”. There are at least two users facing similar problems on this forum.