Do Android 10 + /e/ 0.13 consume more energy?

Question: Do Android 10 + /e/ 0.13 consume more energy than Android 9 + /e/ 0.13?

I must come to this conclusion, of course without any serious evidence, I can only estimate, but while I had between 3.5 and 4 days before the update I have now only 2.5 days.

The biggest consumer is always “Mobile network - Standby”.

Can I see somewhere which concrete mobile network is active? I prefer 3G (UMTS) because this consumes much less energy than 4G (LTE), but is this really used?

When I switch on the mobile network the status bar is initialized with 3G but then it changes after a second to H^. What does that mean?

Hi @irrlicht, I encountered a similar issue some time ago. What I learned from the feedback of other users is that a newly installed typically ROM needs some time to adapt the energy settings. Until this is achieved the phone appears to have a strangely draining battery. You may find the discussion here: Battery drain - other user experiences

About the “H” as symbol for the mobile network type, a long answer is here: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/edge-3g-h-etc-mobile-networks/

“H” is “High-Speed Packet Access (HSPA)” which to my knowledge is kind of an updated/faster version of 3G. It’s not to be confused with 4G, though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.