Does /e/ work in the US?

A friend of mine, who now have a /e/ Xiaomi MiMix2 on my advice, could use it perfectly while in vacation is U.S…
Don’t remember which network provider.

Hi, Brand new here. Love the idea of giving the finger to Google. Do you sell the phones you modify?

@Darren806, I will contact you directly via message.

1 Like

Thanks AnotherElk, I’m going to get another phone supported here and try my luck on this S7. Cheers!

Will do Piero. thanks!

/[HOWTO] install /e/ on a Samsung device from a GNU/Linux PC successfully

/[HOWTO] Install /e/ on a Samsung smartphone with Windows easily

I didn’t miss your direct message somehow did I?

I’m sorry Darren. Life is a wild freaking ride sometimes.

I found out my S7 cannot be unlocked. I’m so pissed off at that company on top of the spying they do.

I’m now looking for a new one for the US.

Not sure if you’re aware, but /e/ sells the S9 and S9+ to USA now, with /e/ preinstalled.

Indeed and those come with the “stable” /e/OS branch, not dev branch. :wink:

Edit: @cornfarmer didn’t / don’t you also have Ting or am I mis-remembering?

1 Like

Yes Ting (on their T-Mobile network). Still working fine with them, though at first the network settings needed to be reset a couple of times.

Can’t beat them as far as price goes - pay for what you use. Two adults with middle of the road usage habits rarely gets above $50/month.

1 Like

No, I didn’t know! Man, that knocks out hours of research.

Thanks friend. On it now.

I second that. Ditto here. I cut my phone bill by 45% reliably compared to Sprint.

So now I have to figure out Samsung, Pixel, Huawei, Xiaomi.

Anyone who dabbles with videos and recording has a favorite?

Too bad we can’t break iPhones.

Thanks all

I really, really need to find some of these forwarding services. How do I find which are reliable? (sorry for being off topic)

I have understood that since few, e.solutions can ship to usa, isn’t it ?

Yes, it is very confusing. Piero, I would love to help clarify which phones should work and which ones were tested successfully on all three carriers here. GSM and LTE, unlocked etc.

So far my choice is a Samsung S9+ from /e/ or look for the correct smartyphone I want, check compatibility, and then buy, flash, and hope it works.

Right now, I’m on eBay looking at two phones. One is from 2015, so I can’t use on an LTE network. The other is available as an LTE. That’s one thing I forgot to check.

Sorry, I understand nothing about US carrier specifications.
Best thing I can do is provide you a link to a forum search result

https://community.e.foundation/search?context=topic&context_id=31823&q=Us%20phone%20OR%20us%20carrier&skip_context=true

https://community.e.foundation/search?context=topic&context_id=31823&q=Usa%20phone%20OR%20usa%20carrier&skip_context=true

It’s complicated.

The way I understand it is, T-Mobile and Verizon are on GSM with 4G LTE and ATT and Sprint are CDMA. ATT and Sprint are phasing out their CDMA 3G.

What I’m not sure about is whether or not ATT and Sprint have 4G LTE, I assume, they do.

I don’t really know what VoLTE support represent for the smartphone usage in your area.
But there are intentions to VoLTE support by /e/OS on some devices in the next future