Does the default keyboard learn as you use it?

I’m trying to stay as close to the system as possible for system type applications but when I was using the OEM version of Android I used Swiftkey, I’ve been a premium user of the application from way back, before the Microsoft purchase of the company and have gotten very used to its predictive text. So I’d like to know before going any further does the system default keyboard evolve as you use it or should I just go ahead and install the keyboard I’m used to?

Thanks in advance for your time and response.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

The default keyboard does nothing in that regard.
You can use your fave keyboard.

I will assume that the permissions it uses (location? why?) and trackers it has is okay with you. Go with what you know and like.

If you decide to look for alternatives with learning capabilities I believe AnySoftKeyboard is an option. I do not use it so can’t comment on it.

Thanks I will give that a try and see if I like its behavior better.

I know I can always just go back to Swiftkey, but with this move to /e/OS I am seeing it as an opportunity to shake out of my usual apps and all their trackers with other alternatives that work better and are freer. I just wanted to be sure that I wasn’t missing out something with the system default.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.