Downloading an app on yalpstore : error message

aha ok no worries. It’s called clue !

Yes the main one, and the download of the APK is is done successfuly.

Yes, I think the error message comes when you try to install it.

Indeed that app doesn’t work when you click on “Install” in Yalp Store.
Download this app with APKpure here.

Thank you so much it works :slight_smile:

1 Like

My only problem is that I was logged with my google account where all my data is saved. I don’t know how to log now !

That’s a problem effectively, especially with those apps. Is there an other possibility of having a backup of your clue data without being logged with google ? Like download a local backup of your clue data on a phone and restore that backup in your /e/ phone ? (If clue has this feature)

Or you could have a fresh start with that app “org.iggymedia.periodtracker” (only 3 trackers against 9 with Clue, enable “Exodus Privacy” in yalp settings in order to see those infos) but depending to you, that solution might be difficult.

Thank you, it’s a good idea :slight_smile: I’m going to investigate ! It’s a pity so many trackers for such an app !

1 Like

I found better ! An open-source app on F-droid with 0 tracker :slight_smile:

Oh cool ! What is it ?

It’s called Periodical. It could be improved I guess but it’s a good start!

1 Like

I think that’s no good idea, because no one really knows how have uploaded the apk and if there was made some changes in it. It could be, that the app in APKpure are have spyware in it.

Thank you for telling me ! Unfortunately I have already downloaded it.
If I delete it , is the problem solved or could I have a spyware on my phone ?

What is exactly APKpure ?

It’s a space where everyone can upload apps. Same like aptitude.

Yeah, you could, but you mustn’t have. Have a look on your phone if something unknow happens or if your data transmission get higher and higher. If here is nothing crazy, your are on the bright side of life.
You can check your apps with ClassyShark3xodus for unwanted tracker and with NetMonitor you can check which remote IP is used by your apps. both you can get at f-droid.

1 Like

Im getting this error on more and more updates of apps in yalp. Does any1 know how to fix this or where I can choose for a “privileged or root installation”?

You can change the “Installation method” in the Yalp’s settings, but in order to change that setting, you have to be rooted or have Yalp as a system app. I don’t know any more than that.

This helped @Marine and @Anonyme , what I did was:

• go to the github site of yalp
  • download the ota zip file
  • place the zip file in the root directory
  • boot your phone with twrp
  • go to install
  • select the ota zip file
  • swipe to install
  • reboot your phone
  • go to the yalp store
  • go to the settings
  • you will now see that the setting has changed to privileged.
1 Like

You may also try out aurora store which is a fork of yalp store and is said to be able to install split apks without root. It’s also available on fdroid.

1 Like