Dual frequency GNSS with Samsung S9

According to phone specifications the phone should support also Galileo GNSS. However, with GPSTest I see only GPS & GLONASS satellites. I found information on net that some people have been successful with Galileo and other satellites. On the other hand, there seems to be information that one needs to first edit (with root privileges) gps configuration to enable the dual frequency functionality.

The question now is, do other /e/ S9 users have Galileo satellites available or not? And if yes, was some additional configuration needed?

My setup is SM-G960F build number "e_starlte-userdebug 10 QQ3A.200805.001 eng.root.20210424.162152 dev-keys,dev-release "

I did some further investigations and modified /vendor/etc/gnss/gps.xml file with instructions from Dual-frequency GNSS on Android devices.

However, after the modification the Location stopped working altogether. From thread in XDA Developers I found that others were experiencing similar issues.

I still might do some further debugging and check if there’s e.g. something wrong with the firmware I’m using.