E-1.4-q does not prompt for SIM PIN or login pattern after reboot

I just upgraded from e-0.20-o to e-1.4.q. There were some quirks, but now everything seems to be working, including encryption. (This is a Samsung Galaxy S7 herolte, same behaviour in stable and dev releases.)

One thing is strange, though: When rebooting the phone, it first asks for the decryption password (pattern), and once that is entered correctly, boots directly into the home screen, with all apps available.
It does not prompt for the SIM PIN code or the screen lock password (pattern) that I have set up.

In order to be able to enter the SIM PIN, I have to shortly press the power button and thereby lock the screen, then press the power button again,
Then
a) the SIM PIN input dialpad is displayed, and after the PIN is entered correctly
b) the screen lock password (pattern) is prompted

There seems to be a big security/privacy issue here.

Has anyone seen this and found a solution?

Thanks /m

yes, it seems weird. You specifically didn’t enable SIM PIN unlock with user PIN login?

As said, could be a bug - but if you can’t do any modem based telephony until the SIM PIN is entered, there’s no security or privacy issue, or am I missing something?

No, I have not disabled the SIM lock.

Telephony-wise there isn’t. But I have apps that have cached passwords and access to personal data (eg. e-mail). And the WiFi can be enabled, which also has cached the credentials of my known networks. So privacy-wise it’s pretty bad.

Is there a way to enter an “official” bug report?

sorry, I read past that after rebooting and decryption, it

boots directly into the home screen

that sure is an issue. I searched the backlog and online a bit but didn’t find similar yet