/e/ builds on tablets anyone ?!

hi @Rik, not impossible, but might be hard for us to put our hands on consistent refurb stock on an ongoing basis as we do with the smartphones.
Reasons are that installed base is much smaller than smartphones and replacements do not happen that often. I was reading some stats for the US saying that the lifespan of a consumer tablet is more than 6 years on average! For a smartphone it’s around 24 months.
We will have to be creative :smile: :wink:

hi @alexis , OK:) . in the meantime, is the /e/ pie version that Gael demonstrated in this post available for us to download and flash to a device? I looked in the ‘devices’ list, but did not see any tablets there. Best, Rik

We do not have any official builds as yet. Some unofficial tablet builds were made but not sure they were tested by the user who created them.

If /e/ is looking for tablets to build /e/ for, I would suggest 2019 Samsung Tab A 10.1, Model # SM-T510.

1 Like

There’s a good unofficial build for the Nexus 9 which I am using as an everyday driver with the law chair launcher.

1 Like

I’m using an unofficial build for my lg Gpad V410 7 inch tablet and it works incredibly. You can pick up a used one for 50 bucks

unofficiall builds for a lot of tablets you can find here https://community.e.foundation/tags/tablet

how about just buying the new Samsung galaxy type A, putting /e/ on and selling it for the price extra that will be charged for sending phones in and putting /e/ on it…?

Dear @Unknown, may I request an unofficial build for the Lenovo yoga tab 3 plus LTE:
https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/YTX703L
Just bought one!
Thanks in advance!
Rik

Our main man @Unknown is already one step ahead of you haha, find it here

4 Likes

@GaelDuval do you know if your build would also work on an SM-T580 (Galaxy Tab A 2016)?
How could I test?

For laptops I’m using Elementary OS as much as possible : https://elementary.io/fr/
The principle is the same about privacy and the OS is great : simple, fast, nice

hi all, a note just to say that i just installed an unofficial version of /e/ on a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (LTE) and it’s running great!!

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Rik we should see more progress in porting to tablets, unsupported devices and OS upgrades on existing devices in the days to come.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if there is already an unofficial build for the yoga tab 3 plus, would be a pro version also possible?

I don’t think so, as there is not a LineageOS version for this phone. /e/ is also developing some versions for phones/tablets separately from Lineage, but it takes a lot of time, so I assume they only do it when there is a popular demand.

1 Like

Was the build for sm-t580 made available?

/e/ has announced that several tablets will be officially supported in the future! great news i think @Sean

Thanks @Rik for that update, unfortunately i dont see the Tab A in the new devices list BUT good news to see my S9+ may get new upgrade to Q

Any update on the Tablet build? Is there a dev version I could try for Galaxy S3 Tab?