/e/ builds on tablets anyone ?!

Our main man @Unknown is already one step ahead of you haha, find it here

4 Likes

@GaelDuval do you know if your build would also work on an SM-T580 (Galaxy Tab A 2016)?
How could I test?

For laptops I’m using Elementary OS as much as possible : https://elementary.io/fr/
The principle is the same about privacy and the OS is great : simple, fast, nice

hi all, a note just to say that i just installed an unofficial version of /e/ on a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (LTE) and it’s running great!!

1 Like

Thanks for the update @Rik we should see more progress in porting to tablets, unsupported devices and OS upgrades on existing devices in the days to come.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if there is already an unofficial build for the yoga tab 3 plus, would be a pro version also possible?

I don’t think so, as there is not a LineageOS version for this phone. /e/ is also developing some versions for phones/tablets separately from Lineage, but it takes a lot of time, so I assume they only do it when there is a popular demand.

1 Like

Was the build for sm-t580 made available?

/e/ has announced that several tablets will be officially supported in the future! great news i think @Sean

Thanks @Rik for that update, unfortunately i dont see the Tab A in the new devices list BUT good news to see my S9+ may get new upgrade to Q

Any update on the Tablet build? Is there a dev version I could try for Galaxy S3 Tab?

Welcome in the forum :slight_smile:

Looks like the Galaxy Tab S3 isn’t supported by LineageOS and has never been requested. So you can request it and if a working unofficial LineageOS build exists, an /e/ unofficial build will come (I hope in less than 3 months but we can never be sure).

I am currently thinking of buying a new/used tablet.

As I understood there are plans to support /e/ on tablets.
I would love to run /e/ for a long time on it, so it would be wise to choose one now that will likely be officially supported by /e/ later on. Do you have any recommendations? Is there a roadmap?

This tablet will mainly be used for playing / practicing piano, so it should have a big screen size. I would like tun run it a very long time, so replaceable battery, repairability and long software support are an also major concern for me. Thank you.

1 Like

You can check a couple of test builds we have for tablets …there is also some feedback on the same thread

1 Like

yes check the list that @Manoj refers to here above. I have the Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 Plus (YTX703L), and /e/ works very well on it, with a different launcher (Total launcher i can recommend) - i think future versions of /e/ will have a launcher that is better suited for tablets.

Hi greg1,
I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T813, 9.7’) and eOS was easily flashed and is running without problems.
It is my very first tablet, so I’m not in the position to judge pros and cons.

1 Like

cool! that’s the first Samsung tablet I think i’ve seen reported here on the forum (i have a Lenovo), good to know it also works well on those!

I have got a
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 wifi 7’
Old device, (2012)
but very robust screen, with the minimum hardware specifications required for a
LineageOS 14.1 based system :

cpu=2x1ghz, cpuoc=2x1.35ghz ,
gpu=200mhz, gpuoc=384mhz
ram=1gb
mem=8go + sd=64go or more
bat=4000ma

Now running /e/ since
e-0.9-n-20200618-UNOFFICIAL
thanks to @Android-Andi

model 3g = 119 downloads in 2 months
model wifi = 138 downloads in 2 months

1 Like

Chinese devices usually have the nastiest lock-in, breaking them wastes lots of time and effort. However maybe Mediatek is an exception