/e/ for PinePhone Brave Heart Edition?

Porting /e/OS to the PinePhone is currently underway …

1 Like

Already voted, nice to know that the porting is underway.

1 Like

I think it would be great to see /e/ ported to PinePhone and PineTab. They are cheap, reliable and user respecting hardware and they let the user choose what OS they want to boot simply by switching SDcard.

Why wanting dual-boot only when you can have as many OS you want to boot as you get SDcard in your pocket?

Storing data in the phone and the OS in the SDcard and you can switch OS as fast as you reboot and switch SDcard.

I really hope seeing /e/ coming to Pine64 phone and tablet.

3 Likes

That will be an awesome combination, e on the Pinephone. Nice to see progress in the FOSS oriented mobile world.

any new word on /e/ for the pinephone?

1 Like

I think e.foundation have had enough issues :frowning:

The port to Pie was found to be unstable . There were some issues with the partitions as well. The team will be porting Pinephone to the Android Q / LOS 17.1 version of /e/OS. The upgrade of the /e/OS code to LOS 17.1 or Q is in progress. Expect at least 1-2 months before we have a test build.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update /e/ on the pinephone would 100% better than the OS’s that are in development so far. The pinephone has huge potential and the /e/ os would make a great partner for it.