/e/ on Fairphone 4

yes of course since nearly two weeks. unboxed and never switched on because of google

2 Likes

will it be (the fairphone 4) available with the /e/OS preinstalled?. regards
Angel

According to Fairphone - yes. According to Murena -

The citations are from this topic here, you might as well read it :wink: .

I also have it in my hands.

And I can’t even finish setting up Android because I don’t want to put in a Gmail account. I have a permanent notification that I can disable 1 day but it comes back the next day…

So I’m desperately waiting for /e/. I deleted almost all Google apps with adb…

Same…Fixed it with a temporarily fake account. Just created the account only for the installation process. Deactivated all apps. account still exist in the phone for nothing.
Running TrackerControl, Blokada or netguard is compulsory !

Unless there is a good OS available like LOS, LOS4mg or iodè it is the only working way. A compromise but what about it…

1 Like

That is wonderful news :heart: I was thinking about buying Fairphone 3 with preinstalled /e/ os however in such situation I am looking forward in order to buy Fairphone 4 with /e/ on board :grin: do you think that it will be possible to buy it in the beginning of new year? And do you plan to sell it in European Union countries? :thinking:

We expect to release the /e/OS FP4’s early 2022. Team is still working on the porting activities.

12 Likes

/e/ supports over 100 devices and works closely with FairPhone, why should they “never” support the FairPhone? The device just released, so give it some time.

Can you please stop spreading this unconstructive criticism and your pessimistic views in the forum?

8 Likes

I have ordered mine which is due for February. And I intended to make a donation for /e/.

Although as someone mentioned, would it help you better if I just bought my phone from your website ? If so I might cancel my order and buy it here when it’s available.

Come on, you are a really enthusiast :flushed:

Yesss :slightly_smiling_face:

But can we test ?

4 Likes

No. The team is not yet done with the porting. First we will test internally and then share with the testing team. This information on the release in early 2021 was shared in this same thread

3 Likes

excuse me. But I read this announcement quite differently…
Did not run optimally, I would say :wink:

I hope users understand that first the developers create a build internally or port the device to run with /e/. This is then tested and finally released for all users. This is a screenshot of the build when it was ported. The idea is to give a correctly working build to the users.

11 Likes

Well, he could certainly have mentioned that they had booted it successfully in development, and that public release would follow as soon as internal testing completes.

Commiserations to all /e/ staff who are now left with sweeping up the shards.

6 Likes

I look forward to this release. Ultimately I would like to buy mine from e, to support them.

For me having a Fairphone with a back up battery that I can quickly swap, will be a great combination.

2 Likes

What release do you plan to publish at first release directly?

/e/R builds v0.19?
/e/R builds v0.20?

Will the foundation give us a christmas present???

Did we get presents for major festivities of other world religions? Equal rights for everybody, /e/ is global :wink: .

yes, we did. why not…