/e/ on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 Exynos) SM-A310F “a3xeltexx”

Hej @weichselbaumj, unfortunately, the listed issues are still not fixed. The FM radio is not implemented; still non-ending boot loop after switching on WLAN.

1 Like

ok, thanks. then we need to wait for the pie upgrade.

LineageOS-for-MicroG build lineage-16.0-20200514-microG-a3xelte runs like clockwork With additionally installed /e/ Apps Store /e/ Browser /e/ BlissLauncher /e/ Wallpaper /e/ OS feeling comes up. And even individualized private DNS provider hostname - it’s not /e/.

@archje is it possible to install the /e/ app store on a non-/e/ phone? I thought that was problematic?

i’m running this test build and it runs like a breeze

Well @Rik," this test build" is a /e/ OS ROM.That /e/ Apps Store “runs like a breeze” there is to be expected, right?!

The joke of the matter is that the /e/ components I mentioned work on a LineageOS 16.0 for microG ROM.This allows me to use the “a3xelte” with /e/ OS Feeking including Android security patch level May 5, 2020.

Below is the /e/ Apps Store in action on a LineageOS-16.0-for-microG ROM (in 13 pictures)

1 Like

cool! well that means that the devs have been able to separate the /e/ app store from the /e/ rom - that’s actually a big accomplishment!! (they used to be integrated)
It’s a really big plus to /e/ - now this app store can be put on Fdroid, for example, so that non-/e/ Android users can also enjoy the benefits of the /e/ app store
Would be good promo for /e/

1 Like

The e.foundation Apps Store works for me also under GrapheneOS (Android 10) and LineageOS 17.1 (Android 10) and Android 11 {R} Developer Preview 4.

1 Like

hee @archje, can you tell us where you downloaded the /e/ Apps Store, browser and launcher?

Do you know if this bug still persists in the may build for this device? I’d also like to move back from the test build for Pie that I am using now to the regular supported build.

Hej @Rik,

No, I can’t tell you that because I just don’t know. I assume /e/ didn’t mean for this to happen either.

Since I’ve several 32 and 64 bit devices available for testing, I can extract single files.

I’ve not installed (e( OS ROM e-0.9-o-2020051454222-dev-a3xeltexx because it only included the security lease from April 2020 anyway. I don’t assume that the known bugs have been fixed.

alright thanks, than i won’t go to the trouble of testing it

Samsung Galaxy A3 2016, released 2015, December, enters its “third life” with LineageOS 17.1. Starting with StockROM Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) up to Android 7.0 (Nougat), it got custom ROMs based on Oreo 8.1.0 and Android 9 Pie. Now The LineageOS Project is bringing new life to the device with LOS 17.1 based on Android 10, although it only has 16GB internal storage 1.5GB RAM eMMC 4.5.

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 Exynos) SM-A310F “a3xeltexxalso known as “a3xelte” with Super AMOLED
4.7 inches, Resolution 720 x 1280 pixels, 16:9 ratio(instead of 540x960 as erroneously stated here) it is a high-quality small-format smartphone. Best regards to the PinePhone.

a3a a3b

1 Like

Hi all, please see here there is a new Pie test build for this device, @archje you have this device too right?
Please fill out the test report: may help with /e/ deciding to keep supporting this device.

Hej @Rik thank you for your advice. I know that @manoj build very well working /e/OS ROMs.

However, the /e/volution needs regular, by that I mean monthly, (OTA) updates for user acceptance and not just occasional test builds.

1 Like

Yep I agree, perhaps by filling out the test form we can get it OTA supported!

I removed the latest LOS 17.1 ROM and flashed the /e/ OS 9-Pie Test-ROM e-0.9-p-20200530-UNOFFICIAL-a3xelte-by-manoj using “Clean install”. Everything went like clockwork.

The animated e-boot logo (I like it a lot) and the subsequent setup of the system is now routine.

The bugs known, e.g. reboot on wifi, from the official dev (oreo) build don’t occur - as with the first testbuild e-0.7-p-2020020439971-test-SM-A310F _a3xelte_by_manoj.

Good news! Is there a time line to put the fixed build available for download? Currently the A3 is due to those two bugs not much comfortable to use with “e”.

Why haven’t you said anything about the official build yet? Every experience you make is important!

new build e-0.9-p-20200530-UNOFFICIAL_by_manoj for the a3xelte pie /e/OS

Hi @BlackTulip, I think the /e/ team will decide quickly which phones will stay officially supported. If the A3 is among them, the official build will become available as an OTA update in the next months.
Rik