/e/ on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 Exynos) SM-A310F “a3xeltexx”

The SM-A310F came with the last StockROM Android 7.0 July 2018 update with working FM radio including RDS function.

The operating system change to the current /e/ OS ROM e-o.7-o- was done without mistakes. The only thing I noticed is that the link to TWRP on the website /e/ documentation Install /e/ on a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 Exynos) - “a3xeltexx”

Installing a custom recovery

1. Download a custom recovery - you can download TWRP.

leads to this failure message:

Not Found
Page not found.
Try the devices page to look for another device.

TWRP for Samsung Galaxy A3 2016 (Exynos) Code Name: a3xelte ist verfügbar mit der Version wrp-3.3.0-0-a3xelte vom 2019-04-09 18:10:37 EDT.

But - in the first operation the long known bug appeared → “When I connect to my WLAN at home first time, the phone restarted endlessly, till I shut down wlan on the router.” Read more …

Neither a hardware nor software bug is the missing feature FM Radio RDS, which is known in several Samsung devices of the A-system family.

“The build script for all devices is the same so there is no reason the FM radio should be missing on a particular device.” Read more …

An explanation from @rhunault that I can understand: “Probably a value missing in the device config.”

I hope and wish that the /e/OS Build Team will integrate the FM Radio feature into the build until the relaunch of /e/ OS release v1. My request in this regard will be added to gitlab.e.foundation.

@Manoj’s test build /e/ OS ROM e-0.7-p-2020020439971-test-a3xelte.zip runs smoothly and without the just mentioned “WLAN bootlopp”. The feature anaolges FM Radio with RDS is unfortunately not (yet) integrated.

“Hello, we should soon be able to migrate from Oreo to Pie. That should probably solve the problem”.
Free translation by @archje