/e/ on Samsung Galaxy A3 (2016 Exynos) SM-A310F “a3xeltexx”

Hi all, please see here there is a new Pie test build for this device, @archje you have this device too right?
Please fill out the test report: may help with /e/ deciding to keep supporting this device.

Hej @Rik thank you for your advice. I know that @manoj build very well working /e/OS ROMs.

However, the /e/volution needs regular, by that I mean monthly, (OTA) updates for user acceptance and not just occasional test builds.

1 Like

Yep I agree, perhaps by filling out the test form we can get it OTA supported!

I removed the latest LOS 17.1 ROM and flashed the /e/ OS 9-Pie Test-ROM e-0.9-p-20200530-UNOFFICIAL-a3xelte-by-manoj using “Clean install”. Everything went like clockwork.

The animated e-boot logo (I like it a lot) and the subsequent setup of the system is now routine.

The bugs known, e.g. reboot on wifi, from the official dev (oreo) build don’t occur - as with the first testbuild e-0.7-p-2020020439971-test-SM-A310F _a3xelte_by_manoj.

Good news! Is there a time line to put the fixed build available for download? Currently the A3 is due to those two bugs not much comfortable to use with “e”.

Why haven’t you said anything about the official build yet? Every experience you make is important!

new build e-0.9-p-20200530-UNOFFICIAL_by_manoj for the a3xelte pie /e/OS

Hi @BlackTulip, I think the /e/ team will decide quickly which phones will stay officially supported. If the A3 is among them, the official build will become available as an OTA update in the next months.
Rik

Hej @Rik, for the /e/ team to continue to use the “a3xelte(xx)”, user reactions are required. This starts with the download of the /e/ ROM and ends with the feedback on the /e/ ROM. The /e/ team needs responses! It isn’t enough for both of us to give feedback alone.

1 Like

Hello and good evening, I am already on downloading the UNOFFICIAL fixed build 20200530 for testing purposes. I will put it on my A3 quickly and give you guys a feedback about the test tomorrow.

I was using the official build from 20200514 for the last three days now on the A3 and it is working besides of the WLAN- and GPS-restarting-(in-loop)-bug fine.

I hope the A3 will stay at the end on the list of supported phones.

BT

1 Like

Hello again,

so the test has been done by me so far on e-0.9-p-20200530-UNOFFICIAL-a3xelte. The “WLAN- and GPS-restarting-(in-loop)-bug” is solved now and the phone is working well with all functionalities I was able to test.

Good work at all!

@Manoj Can you please make sure that the fixes do find their way into the next official release and the A3 remains supported? That would make some people here happy. :wink:

Many thanks for the quick fixes!

BT

1 Like

Bonjour à tous…
Super nouvelle, félicitations pour votre travail!!!
Hâte de voir cette version sans bug et profiter pleinement de /e/…
Merci.

1 Like

Hello Everybody, the unofficial version is working now for three days on my A3 without any bugs. So for my opinion it also did pass the long term test.

BT

1 Like

Thanky you for feedback, @macmad64 and @BlackTulip

2 Likes

Cela faisait trop longtemps que je voulais essayer /e/ je gardé ce téléphone justement pour cela, alors oui j’espère que vous continuerez à assuré les corrections dans la prochaine version et que le A3 restera pris en charge.
Merci encore pour votre travail

Ritch

1 Like

Hello Guys, was happy to see, downloaded and installed the e-0.11-o-2020082870470-dev-a3xeltexx for the Samsung A3, but the WLAN/GPS-bug is still insdie. There is no other way than going back to the test version e-0.9-p-2020071062214-test-a3xelte, isn´t it?

BT

hee @BlackTulip, i think so, although not sure. I’ve been running the test build for a while now, and if you flash the latest test build, it will get OTA updates, so it’s really more a dev build than a test build at this stage imo

1 Like

The last update for the “test” build was dated 20200813 and is the only one I believe since the first build for the Pie version was offered. Is there any news of a transition to a “dev” version with a Pie build? It’s been over three months now with no news. Also it would be nice to know if this transition can be done via OTA or would a dirty flash be enough so avoiding a full wipe of data?

I cannot find some test build anymore :frowning:
I am affected by the WLAN boot-loop in Oreo. Where you have the test build(s) downloaded? And is the FM radio function already integrated?
Thank you for all your efforts!

Ok, I have found it here: [Device Roadmap] Android 9 (Pie) & 10 (Q) : Test builds to upgrade currently supported devices

Sorry for my blindness…

Hi there,

I just updated my Galaxy A3 (2016) to /e/ 1.0 (Android 10), advanced privacy is a very good thing. Thanks for your great work. I’m not experiencing the WLAN bug, but still missing the hardware radio app much. Would be great, if you could add it soon.