/e/ on Samsung Galaxy S7 with android 8 Oreo

The Oreo build is under testing should be released ASAP. Need to initiate the Pie port.

Hi Manoj,

I read on the lineageos website: " WARNING: The Samsung Galaxy S7 is no longer maintained. A build guide is available for developers that would like to make private builds, or even restart official support."

So the development of the future versions will be carried out by /e/?

Development for the S7 is being done by /e/developers even now . As long as is supported we will do the development for it.

Thanks for this information

I am using the Samsung S7 with the preinstalled /e/-OS. Last week i have installed the latest update (0.10-2020081367788). Since i have installed this update, my smartphone has crashed five times. One time i was just surfing on the internet. I am using the Mozilla Klar browser…Another time my battery was low, then i activated the energy-saving mode and started loading it with the cable. Then it restarted without warning and asked me for my smartphone pin.

Do you have an idea why it keeps on crashing since i have installed the latest OS version? Do you have a solution?

Next Wednesday i will have an important call with a customer. I would like to use my smartphone for that call. That is why i am asking. Currently, i am afraid that it will crash throughout that call.

Pl raise an issue in Gitlab with a log generated after a crash. The developers can have a look and figure out what is the reason behind the crash.

1 Like

Hi,
As I understand the Oreo build for Samsung S7 is currently a dev build and needs a manual upgrade.
In the future, will it become a stable build with automatic update for Nougat / preinstalled /e/OS like me ?

The first upgrade build is a manual install subsequent Oreo builds come OTA. For now we do not have a OTA Operating system upgrade build for any device.

I think @flopiflop is asking for the « stable » branch for /e/refurbished preinstalled

Will check if it is possible to share the stable build with all users and get back.

It is not …
Or with an « OTA ping » to check the /e/OS installed version signature

… is at the moment less current than the « dev » branch.

« stable » branch is e-0.10-nougart-202008
« dev » branch is e-0.10-oreo-202008

Well tested « stable » builds take their time to work stable…

Stable builds are released a week or two after a dev build is released.

herolte_dev_o
Well, shouldn’t « stable » build have been running on Oreo 8.1.0 since May 2020?

2 Likes

Only latest e-0.10 is an oreo build.
Previous are or were nougat builds.

I manually installed today the dev Oreo build on my Samsung S7 (upgrade from /e/ 0.9). It all went very smoothly, and seems to be working fine.
My thanks to everybody who made this possible.

1 Like

Hello
Same thing for me, passage to OREO on my S7 this afternoon without problem. All of my applications seem to be working properly.
Congratulations to the whole team! :+1:

1 Like

I’ve updated my S7 today and it now runs 0.10 stable but it’s still android 7 nougat. When will the stable version be updated to oreo?

1 Like

Please note the different status quo!

1 Like

That is correct.
The dev branch Oreo build was released this week. After a week or two of release in the dev branch the stable build is rolled out. Which means the stable build is still on nougat. When the Oreo build is rolled out for the stable branch both builds - dev and stable will be on Oreo.

1 Like