/e/ on Samsung Galaxy S7 with android 8 Oreo

Pl raise an issue in Gitlab with a log generated after a crash. The developers can have a look and figure out what is the reason behind the crash.

1 Like

Hi,
As I understand the Oreo build for Samsung S7 is currently a dev build and needs a manual upgrade.
In the future, will it become a stable build with automatic update for Nougat / preinstalled /e/OS like me ?

The first upgrade build is a manual install subsequent Oreo builds come OTA. For now we do not have a OTA Operating system upgrade build for any device.

I think @flopiflop is asking for the « stable » branch for /e/refurbished preinstalled

Will check if it is possible to share the stable build with all users and get back.

It is not …
Or with an « OTA ping » to check the /e/OS installed version signature

… is at the moment less current than the « dev » branch.

« stable » branch is e-0.10-nougart-202008
« dev » branch is e-0.10-oreo-202008

Well tested « stable » builds take their time to work stable…

Stable builds are released a week or two after a dev build is released.

herolte_dev_o
Well, shouldn’t « stable » build have been running on Oreo 8.1.0 since May 2020?

2 Likes

Only latest e-0.10 is an oreo build.
Previous are or were nougat builds.

I manually installed today the dev Oreo build on my Samsung S7 (upgrade from /e/ 0.9). It all went very smoothly, and seems to be working fine.
My thanks to everybody who made this possible.

1 Like

Hello
Same thing for me, passage to OREO on my S7 this afternoon without problem. All of my applications seem to be working properly.
Congratulations to the whole team! :+1:

1 Like

I’ve updated my S7 today and it now runs 0.10 stable but it’s still android 7 nougat. When will the stable version be updated to oreo?

1 Like

Please note the different status quo!

1 Like

That is correct.
The dev branch Oreo build was released this week. After a week or two of release in the dev branch the stable build is rolled out. Which means the stable build is still on nougat. When the Oreo build is rolled out for the stable branch both builds - dev and stable will be on Oreo.

1 Like

Hello, I updated my S7 last week, which was in “e-0.9-n-2020051153544-dev-herolte.zip”. Manual update without any problem, from “e-0.10-o-2020081968665-dev-herolte.zip” for the moment everything works well, the Bluetooth is better recognized which was not the case with /e/ 0.9 n, and the internal disk is recognized in 32Gb.
For the moment fully satisfied,
thanks to the whole team

ritch

Hello
Sorry but I can’t find out where I can get the information on the stable Oreo release for the S7. Is this version released and can we now use Easy installer to install it?
Thank you for your understanding and help.

Thank you for your answer but it has been a bit more than 3 weeks now and my S7 /e/OS 0.11 is still under android 7. I’ve checked today and there hasn’t been any update this month.
I don’t understand what is happening. Are there problems with this release that explain the delay? Or maybe with my device, then?

This afternoon I also looked for a ‘stable’ Oero-Upgrade.

In response I received a Nougart update to e-0.11-n-20200831*-herolte.

Be patient, all things are difficult before they become easy.

The Stable Oreo build should be available ‘soon’…how soon I will check and get back most probably by Monday.
Will the update to oreo happen OTA or do users have to flash this manually again I have to get this confirmed because the device is sold on our eShop and from what I know there was some development effort put into making the OTA upgrade possible. Have to again check if that is possible or users will first need to do a manual flash and then get subsequent builds OTA.