/e/ on Samsung Galaxy S7 with android 8 Oreo

Was it like this since you bought it?

I replaced my battery yesterday with a new original one, sadly it didn’t help. On 0.12 I got 2-3 days on a charge with the old battery, now I get 1-1.5

I thought my battery is degraded, but maybe it’s a problem with 0.14?

The battery option doesn’t show any exceptional usage. Maybe I have to try another app to find the cause.

As to your problem, I don’t think I can help, sorry. I rarely have a reboot, maybe all 2-3 weeks and most times when I leave OpenCamera. All other reboots seem to be connected to charging the phone, that’s where my initial comment came from.

You could try to boot in safemode, maybe this helps to find the cause (no 3rd party services are loaded in that state).

You enter safe mode by holding Vol- during startup.

No the problem appeared 3-4 months ago, at that moment it was not the 0.14 version (but the august or september update I think). I cannot linked it to a specific event (/e/ OS version, wipe, app installation…).

Yesterday I tried the safe mode, and I experienced reboots too.

Today I have temporarly solved the problem with a full wipe (need to wipe especially the /data partition). Not very convenient because I had to backup everything, but at least I can use the phone.

I would like to resintall the Samsung ROM to see if the problem appears too (but it could take a while because when the system is cleaned the problem is not there).

How’s it working for you?

In my case, it was a hardware problem. Switched to my other S7 and everything’s working fine with 0.14 now.

I am back to Samsung stock ROM (Oreo), and it works fine except that I already experienced 2 “freeze and reboots”. I will see how it goes during the following days and weeks, but it might be a hardware issue (battery?).