/e/OS community in DiscourseHub

Hi everyone,

for some time I am experiencing issues when using the DiscourseHub app to launch the /e/OS community forum.
I think it started with version 2.0.0 of DiscourseHub, but I am not too sure. But I can say that everythink worked before.

The most important point is that the line announcing new and unread items is not visible anymore. Of course I have made sure that my forum account is connected to DiscourseHub and there are new or unread items by opening the forum.
For 5 other discouse instances I have connected to DiscourseHub that line is shown as expected.
I also tried to remove and readd the forum to DiscourseHub but that didn’t change anything but its position in my list of forums.

A second issue that might be related to the first one is that the /e/ community is not listet on the DiscourseHub Discover tab.
In the Discourse forum someone asked how to get listed there and the answer was to allow it in the forum settings.

Maybe it is also required to allow DiscourseHub to fetch the numbers of new and unread items - additionally to the forum account connection.

But even if this is not the case I would suggest to allow the /e/OS community forum to be listed on Discover. This would help to improve the visibility of /e/OS.

interesting, didn’t know they built that App, for the uninitiated:- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.discourse&hl=en_US

Although the ratings of this app are very poor it is very helpful for me. It provides one central place that shows the imporant figures of all Discourse instances I am interested in (currently except /e/OS community).

Additionally it provides a long and searchable list of Discourse forums (currently except /e/OS community) that might be of interest.

So beside the problems mentioned in my first post I am quite happy with the DiscourseHub app.

1 Like

I have asked the same question in Discourse Meta.
Meanwhile there’s the answer: /e/OS community is running on an outdated version of Discourse.

Would be great if an update could be done to fix that problem.
@Manoj: Are you the right person to address regarding that issue?

The infra team have been requested to update the discourse version to the latest build.

1 Like

The forum has been updated to the latest Discourse version.

4 Likes

Thank you very much for updating Discourse.
The reported issue in Discourse Hub is fixed.

2 Likes