/e/OS in the United States of America

Welcome friends.

Lets build a community here in the US.
Beer and cookies on me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Fairphone user here

12 Likes

Hi,

I’m not living in USA (Switzerland), but a Fairphone 4 user too…

I will be travelling to Montreal / Canada this summer, and maybe spend 1 or 2 days in the neighboring New York State.

Do Fairphone devices work well in north America? Is the Fairphone 4 compatible with American 5G networks as well?

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Tmobile seems to be working fine. I heard att and vrrizon may have problems with 5g coverage.

2 Likes

If you need more data points … https://forum.fairphone.com/t/fairphone-owners-in-the-usa-fp2-fp3-fp4/5083 (for Fairphone 4 experiences perhaps begin browsing through it from the end)

2 Likes

Thank you very much.
In brief: In USA, seems FP4 works well on /e/OS (and LOS) as some troubles with VoLTE / VoWiFi are experienced on stock Fairphone OS…

Hi, I’m in the Boston area running a Teracube 2e I purchased from Murena with /e/OS pre-installed. I was interested in a Fairphone but didn’t have the courage to figure it all out on my own. Maybe if I get too frustrated with the Teracube I’ll ping this group about how to get a FP and how to install /e/OS on it. The Teracube’s camera is pretty bad and the processor is pretty slow, but it gets me in the /e/OS door.

2 Likes

I have been testing both fairphone and pixel 5 on eOS.
Both are amazing options. If you would like to hear my recommendation, i woild share thr full feedback about usability and network and other things. Let me know

1 Like

Hey - I’m in Boston too! Looking to buy a FP4 from Murena to compare to my other Pixel Devices :slight_smile:

I’m down for something. I might even be able to convince a few family members to switch over eventually, so that could be a few more here in the US.

I ordered a FP4 and it arrived about a week ago. Things have been busy and I haven’t had a chance yet to transfer from my current phone, but soon! I’m located in Melrose, north of Malden. Interested in an /e/OS meet-up? @Gquirt are you in the Boston area as well?

Nope, I’m in the Western US. I guess if I want fellow /e/ users anywhere nearby, I’ll need to convince people myself

Western US user here!

1 Like

Northeast US here.

Presently running on a OnePlus 8T; working on getting the time together to try it on a Nothing Phone 2 soon.

I’ll have to wear my /e/OS T-shirt out and see if anyone says hello =)

1 Like

Western U.S. here.
Originally /e/OS 0.1 on ZTE Axon 7 but currently on Essential PH-1 mata and Teracube 2e emerald.

My /e/ T-shirt is faded and worn. :worried:

Wait. There’s /e/ merch!? Where does one find such things?

Info from about a year ago …

no,

e-0.1-n user/tester means he was of the first supporters !
the faded and worn T-shirt means he has been of the first early adopter or baker or perhaps he donated to the initiale crownfounding campain…

you still can obtain a T-shirt… but a new one…

1 Like

Oh. That’s disappointing. Buying merch is currently my favorite way to support projects. I get cool swag and they get money and free advertising.

2 Likes

Southeast US user here on Terracube 2e using Mint Mobile.

Been using /e/os as daily driver for over 2 years, since before V1. My terracube is my favorite phone I’ve ever had.

It’s funny, on paper the terracube doesn’t have stout specs by any stretch, but it runs quite efficient on /e/os. Also runs just as good as the day I bought it. It’s amazing how much better things run when they aren’t constantly mining your data (or planned obsolescence).

I did just get my wife on a fairphone 4, and I gotta say, it’s very nice. Slightly phone jealous lol, but I’m going to stick it out with my Tcube for another 2 years. Gotta take advantage of that 4 year waranty :wink:.

3 Likes

Pixel 3a XL user here in southern Minnesota, on US. Mobile (Verizon network). Phone works great camera is very very good, no need to consider an upgrade for a few years.

3 Likes