/e/ OS on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, newbie

Hello all,

So totally new to this, and help would be much appreciated.

Have done some research and it seems that /e/ might be the best option, for a privacy focused OS. I have the Redmi Note 10 Pro.

My first question is this; I understand that with /e/ OS my phone would no longer give data to google. However, Xiaomi also takes private data from the phone. Would /e/ OS also clear the phone of Xiaomi data collection also?

Thank you.

Hi and welcome
xiaomi collecting data by proprietary xiaomi-apps and xiaomi-adopted android - I’d be confident that’s not happening anymore once you change over to eOS because all of this is gone with eOS.

1 Like

A degoogled operating system such as /e/OS is the first prerequisite for escaping tracking by Xiaomi and Google, but the additional apps installed play an equally important role.

2 Likes

I also have a redmi note pro 10 and so you did the manipulation I would like to know exactly what you did?

Because it is a very good model but Xiaomi is renowned for the large collection of data.

1 Like

/e/OS documentation
Install /e/OS on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro - “sweet”

1 Like

Thanks,I admit that I did not understand the whole thing, my official version is 13.0.16 stable. there are not one or two zip image files to use via usb debugging simply?

Because I absolutely did not understand all the steps to follow :).

1 Like

The conditions for installing /e/OS-T are clearly defined.

/e/OS-T consists of two files:

With the e-Recovery installed first, the /e/OS-T CustomROM is installed via
adb sideload e-2.1-t-20240606406922-dev-sweet.zip

That’s it.

1 Like

So I simply have to connect via USB via debug, install first https://images.ecloud.global/dev/sweet/recovery-e-2.1-t-20240606406922-dev-sweet.img and second https://images.ecloud.global/dev/sweet/e-2.1-t-20240606406922-dev-sweet.zip ?

yesterday I installed it on an old Samsung galaxy s3 lineage 16 and it was super simple, however I noticed that there is a whole documentation on the explanation link instead of making it simple :/.

thanks anyway

The comparison between a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 4.x) and a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro (Android 13) is similar to that between an apple and a pear.

If all requirements are met by Xiaomi, flashing LineageOS 16.0 and /e/OS-T (~ LineageOS 20.0) is identical: Install custom recovery, install ROM - Reboot to System.

1 Like

Thank you for the replies. That reassures me that the new OS will disable both Xiami and Google spyware. Guessing the Meta apps such as facebook will be wiped also.

I feel its essential to not to have anything to do wwith Meta, if you are concerned about privacy. A few facebook apps seem to be deeply installed in the android system.

My other question is regarding the apps; I use Brave, Tor, Proton VPN, Signal, Telegram predominately. Then music apps such as Spotify, Tidal. I’m guessing they are avaliable from App Lounge.

I also use banking apps which are eesential for me; is there anyway I can check if these apps are avaliable on App Lounge?

What you don’t find in the /e/ App Lounge will usually be available in the Aurora Store, which in turn can be installed via the F-Droid Store and in the /e/ App Lounge.

1 Like

Instead of Spotify, I can recommend Spotube from the F-Droid. :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.