/e/OS 'Q' on Samsung Galaxy S7 'herolte' | A unofficial 'Q' [kuː] Build based on Android 10

I’ve seen it on a couple of Sony devices withe Q builds too

Tried it again on the weekend.
Problem seems to be gone, cannot reproduce any more.
Used the same cables and plugs.

Regards

Reiner

“Q” is a great OS. Very low battery usage compared to Oreo. I don’t have the call problems with simple dialer that you’ve pointed out. I recommend it for S7 =)
Cheers,
Luis

Hi everybody,

I haven’t been here for quite a while. Is it correct that there is an official version on Oreo, an unofficial version on Pie and the unofficial version Q/10 from here?

Hi I found an android 11 version with microg

Lineage os 18.1

I tried and it works fine
But i would like with e
Anyone could do it?

1 Like

Hello
How much is it different from e…? Sorry if it’s a trivial question i’m new to e…
Thx!

It has no e store, but has f droid, about the degoogling i dont know, we have to wait fornan expert anwer

1 Like

Any chance of another update? It seems that with the second to last developer update, the phone dialer issue on Q was fixed. Thanks.

Hello
I think I get the phone dialer issue you’re talking about: *

• the dialer app keeps crashing
  • people hear themselves with echo
  • sometimes they do not hear me anymore…

I tried simple dialer but I still have the echo issue (at least).

Is there any workaround?

Thanks

Maybe you can try with morokernel. If you install it, you can get also MTweaks. In this app, you can manipulate the audio. I tried different settings. And it become better. But for my needs, it was not good enough. So i switched back to pi built.

It looks like we won’t get the latest unofficial “Q” build for S7 Edge. I just ordered an S9+ with e “Q” installed. My S7 was pretty beat up as it is. I have to rely on my phone for work, now, since I just started working again.

Hello @carlopix are you still using this LineageOS with MicroG…? Are you satisfied with it and did you get echo and/or dialer issue…?
Thanks in advance

Hello, finally rolled back /e/ Q from LineageOS 18.1 MicroG because i found it less complete and GPS wasn’t working at all…
I installed SimpleDialer right away i hope i won’t have too much bugs and that there will be an update of Q soon…!
Thanks in advance

Hello again, i do have this issue on Magic Earth:

It’s saying

“This app’s version is not compatible with latest maps available. Install last version of the application to use new maps online and off-line”

As Magic Earth is preinstalled and not detected as an app i can update, how do i do…? :thinking:
Thanks in advance for any insight

Wiil we have the chance to get a /e/ 0.16 build ? Really hope so ! :wink:

We got a new build (er) thnx to @katharine.chui

2 Likes

I just hope that /e/ would officially start producing q and pie images instead of oreo(dev) and nougat
Friend has a S7 too and prefers official builds, with all the OTA niceties without self hosting, regular updates, while knowing that /e/ is committed to device support
Come on nougat has reached end of support

@katharine.chui Tested with a dirty flash on 0.15-q : no error, no bug, and dialer crash is fixed. Thank you so much. Just waiting for this build to become official

I’m not sure : the 0.17-q build on @itsclarence’s androidfilehost.com profile is the same build than @katharine.chui’s one ?
EDIT : if so, i have to report a bug with the dialer. When the screen is off and a call is coming, the phone rings but most of time, nothing happens on the screen, even if I manually put it on

Be carrefull to not confuse

" s7 herolte " and " s7edge hero2lte "