/e/ Page says /e/ is ungoogled/degoogled, why is /e/ then connecting to google?

microG sends randomly generated device serial by default (play-services-base-core/src/main/kotlin/org/microg/gms/profile/ProfileManager.kt · master · e / os / GmsCore · GitLab) unless the user explicitly ask microG to send the real device profile in the Google Device Registration in microG setting.

1 Like

OK, so as it is for microG:

• NATIVE uses the real serial BUT randomizes each character as it was, as in number becomes another number, lower char another lower char, etc.
  • REAL will send the real serial number
  • The two profiles for Nexus and Motorola will use the random template on them

I indeed was wrong there with what microG itself sends.

But even ignoring what microG does/doesn’t, no one knows what DroidGuard does/collects/sends, and it still runs in a privileged context.

And again as I mentioned earlier in this thread, Widevine is also running in the TEE and in userspace on these devices too, also proprietary black boxes from Google.

1 Like

Hello, I believe the term Ungoogled/Degoogled is a specification meant to remove the Google commercial implementation from phones and people lives.
In other terms: cutting incomes.

Hi @Aizu welcome to the /e/ forum. that is a rather non-specific assertion. My memory of industrial history is that it is the formation of monopolies at very large scale that has driven down wages for the many and increased dividends for the few.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

To answer the question about pings from the /e/OS to google servers during setup, we have created a document. It can be viewed here

7 Likes