/e/ R on Google Pixel 5 with Android 12?

Hey all,
since the latest update of devices I would like to install /e/ R on my Google Pixel 5 smartphone (currently running on Android 12).

I assume, it does not matter, which Android Version is currently installed on the device, right?

Just want to make sure before installation process, because I have read somewhere that /e/ R is related to Android 11. But that’s just the Android Version /e/ R is based on, correct?

Thanks in advance for helping out.

Best regards,
Glenn

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

Wrong! You will need to flash the latest stock android 11, as it says in the Requirements section of the installation instructions. This is the google version: 11.0.0 (RQ3A.211001.001, Oct 2021) and here are the installation instructions for stock and the downloads.

https://developers.google.com/android/images#redfin

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for your help! Now I’m good to go.

1 Like

Hi !

I am trying to do the same for a samsung s10e with android 12. Where can I find android 11 ?

Is there any instructions somewhere ?..

Thanks for your help.

Hey Marine,
a quick duckDuckGo search gave me this.
At first glance I think, that’s what you’re looking for.

Hope that helps.

Thanks !

I don’t know, I am really confused as I have read manytimes that we couldn’t downgrade anymore to previous version of android. It seems it’s only working on nexus and pixel devices but I am not totally sure as I have no idea what I am talking about :slight_smile:

You are correct in your research that Android provides #anti-rollback protection which prevents downgrading regular Android firmware. You were right to start your fresh thread! Downgrading android 12 to 11 on a samsung galaxy s10e