E watch companion?

I discovered the pinetime watch, i find it a very nice addition to /e/. It can do some simple things such as

Notifications.
Measure heart rate.
Control your music.
Flashlight.
Alarm.
Step counter.
Stopwatch.
Timer.

The watch has to be connected through gadgetbridge.

I’ve been fiddling around, and made a watch face for myself (not satisfied yet…) Also merged a bluetooth fix, because there were issues with it.

I can share the build, if someone is interested (will remove the hexadecimal, thats my thing ;))

The nice thing is, the software is open source and contains no evil stuff.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

11 Likes

What’s that?

grafik

Cool! Which of the available OS are you running on the Watch?

There’s a companion app in the making (it’s been some time tho), wondering how that’ll work.

the hexadecimal, thats my thing

I think that’s what he’s refering to, like a signature. Tho it’s not hexa…?

The time :wink: in hexadecimal parts hours, minutes, seconds.

Cant get the colors right (PNG to C -array conversion):

Build here

2 Likes

Thanks @andrelam for adapting the code of /e/OS to work on a watch.

Oh its not /e/ code, its just software in the spirit of /e/, open source, no tracking or whatever. Just made an “/e/ watchface” and made some minor changes.

You got a shoutout from Gael himself :grinning:

1 Like

Hi you mentioned a bluetooth fix. I just got a pinetime and it will randomly disconnect from gadgetbridge and will not reconnect unless I restart the watch. Will your fix correct this?

Also, I want to try your build. I just have to learn how to update this thing. I think mine came with 1.6. It looks like they are up to 1.9 now

Oh yes, update it asap the bluetooth is so much better (it is not my fix, i just merged)

1 Like

Sorry I am new to this. Do I update to the 1.9 and then install your build if I want the e watch face? Or would I install your build like an update?

just dl the *dfu zip here with your phone, and then using the file browser “open with” > gadget bridge, install starts automatic (when bluetooth is connected)

1 Like

I have to say after a little while of using the pine time, I like it very much. It is a great little open source smart watch. The e watchface is awesome too! Thank you for sharing. Highly recommend as a cool gadget to go with your /e/ os phone

1 Like

Hi! Did you abandoned the project?
Cheers