/e/, whyred and Nextcloud

app-contacts
xiaomi
app-ecloud

Hello, guys!
Best wishes to you all with the new year!

I installed /e/ on a xiaomi note 5 - whyred.

Most things seems to work (:grinning:) but :slight_smile:

• clock (horloge) : never worked;
  • I had an account with e.email (but seem to have lost it -??) : e.drive never worked
  • I can’t sync contacts with my nextcloud (calendar works). The Nextcloud app can’t add an account. No sync thus.

Anyone facing the same problems?

PS : I use the latest rom (as january 6th)

Thanks for your interest!

@mascaret you would need your e account to get the edrive and contact working. Please send a mail here contact@e.email with your details to get the account back.

What symptoms do you have with the clock? For example does it show the wrong time?

In order to access the contacts of your own Nextcloud-instance, you don’t need the Nextcloud-Android-App, but you need to add a WebDAV account via the settings menu (I have a Nougat-System, so I don’t know, where this option is located in the Oreo settings menu).

To add a WebDAV account the location is almost the same in Oreo /e/ builds i.e. Settings >>User & acounts >> Add account …this will display a screen where you can add the WebDAV account

This might be worth mentioning though:

Hello!

Sorry I could not revert to you any sooner.

Clock : signals an error upon boot the time is displayed on home screen. However, the “Horloge” (clock) app hangs.

I’ve added my webdav accounts from start. Calendar works : synced with nextcloud.
That’s not the case with contacts.

Even with the android Nextcloud app : I can access my files on the server, everything working BUT contacts syncing (I can’t create an account from my e-phone as required by the nextcloud app).

Before the e-whyred, I used lineage on an galaxy note 3 (hlte) with davdroid : was flawless.

So, I presume it’s an e-related glitch.

Thanks for your interest!

@mascaret Can you try and download the clock app separately from Apkpure and try and install it just to check. I just tried it and it on my phone which has /e/ and it works separately as well… then I have two clocks on my phone and they are both working. One scenario I can see is if the time is set to a different time zone then it may crash.
You can also try and change the time settings under Settings >> System >> Date & time

I just installed a second clock app. Which seems to work as expected. The /e/ clock still doesn’t.

However, my concern is mostly with Nextcloud (impossible contacts syncing)…

Anyway, thanks for your time!

Hello,

Have you solved the issue ? Cause I’m facing similar issue : next cloud android app don’t sync my data with my own next cloud in the background on my e.phone 0.5 , a xiaomi redmi note 5 whyred

Hi @Markus had you not setup a cloud instance of your own? Are you facing this issue?

I will test this as soon as I upgrade my phone to 0.5. With my LeEco on 0.1 I have no such problems.

Sorry for my misleading previous post - I was under the impression that you were unable to sync files with your nextcloud server, which works for me.

Now that I have updated my system to 0.5, I searched for a way to update files in the background and found out that the Nextcloud-App (V3.5.0) does not provide such a functionality. Hava a look here for more background on this topic: