Easy installer error FP4

Ya me too but it didn’t work.

Could you post log of every step u doing abd command promlts u are typing to load the stock os?

Hey,
thanks for the many updates on how it went for you.

@KnabberKnabber: did you write the dev/ /e/-support or did they send you a pm in this forum? I am totally new to this and stuck with my problem alone.

I have a mac with OS 10.11.3 which is not supported by Apple anymore.
I’m not sure if I can run the command line and don’t know what to put next.

Rightnow my Faiphone is in reboot loop.

1. what would be the first next step?
  2. Download the manual installation zip and start the /e/installation from the beginning?
  3. Or run the a specific command / program?

I am totally new to this, so sorry for my (maybe obvious) questions

Thanks!

Taking into consideration the bootloader is unlocked.

cd /Applications/Android/
./fastboot erase userdata
./fastboot erase metadata

cd /Users/aidenleonard/Desktop/Fix_FP4/FP4_FP4-SP21-factory-v2
./flash_fp4_factory.command

Flashing this image wipes all user data and settings on the phone.
It will also remove the Google factory reset protection.
Are you sure you want to continue?
Type “Yes” (case sensitive) and press enter to continue: Yes
Then it ends up saying ‘successful’ but the phone is still stuck in a loop and I can’t even get into recovery mode.

I’ve tried changing the slot from a to b with

./fastboot getvar current-slot
current-slot: a
./fastboot --set-active=b
Setting current slot to ‘b’

and then I flash the img again but no luck either.

I even tried
./fastboot reboot recovery

Hi @Birnbaum, I do not know what help was given to @KnabberKnabber, nor do I know if Easy installer has done something “odd” in this case. I think in your position I would email helpdesk@e.email.

Perhaps you should mention that another user says he was given help 7 days ago to fix a similar Easy Installer FP4 error and quote this thread.

Good luck

Hi,
I contacted helpdesk and they replied quite fast!

I got a bit further and could enter on the FP4 in “recovery mode” and chose “apply update from ADB” which let easy installer detect my device.
I can run the installation process to the 2nd step (after OEM-unlocking) till “Checking Security Patch Level” returns message “Cannot get security patch information”.

How do I move on?

I found some description of the same problem here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/fairphone/comments/11l2sda/help_installing_eos/

Good to hear that you made progress … if you have the attention of experts at help desk I would continue to keep them informed and follow their guidance.

Easy Installer should just work, so it seems to me that there is something not quite right.

It is good to know where to find the log – Howto troubleshoot issues with the easy-installer – so that you can include that when asking others for help.

There is a prerequisite you might double check @Birnbaum, only if you are using Windows.

Quoting https://doc.e.foundation/easy-installer

Tip: To get the Easy Installer working on your PC you would need to install the OS specific fastboot drivers first. Follow the instructions in the Install Guides gives against each device.

Then https://doc.e.foundation/pages/install_easy_installer/win_fp4

I do not know why this is marked Tip it is a requirement imo.

Hi aibd,

I think it is related to fastboot issues. I tried to manually install/run adb and fastboot on my old macbook (OS 10.11.3 El Capitan), the adb worked fine to install, the fastboot returned “no command”.

I followed the advice to reinstall Fairphone OS and it could not complete the process (fastboot error), returning the following error message:

Writing ‘super’ OKAY [ 0.000s]
Finished. Total time: 168.314s
Sending ‘tz_a’ (2944 KB) ERROR: usb_write failed with status e00002ed
FAILED (Write to device failed (Undefined error: 0))
fastboot: error: Command failed
ERROR: Could not flash the tz_a partition on device cf011458.

ERROR: Please unplug the phone, take the battery out, boot the device into
ERROR: fastboot mode, and start this script again.
ERROR: (To get to fastboot mode, press Volume-Down and plug in the USB-C)
ERROR: (cable until the fastboot menu appears.)
ERROR: Aborting now (press Enter to terminate).

I will try to use a different computer, hopefully it will work then.

Thanks for your help.

Hi there,

it finally worked out for me. I used another laptop with Windows 10. The easy installer didn’t work either and I followed the instructions for manual installation.

I didn’t want to get into all of this, but learned a lot and must say it is all very well documented. Thanks to all the people who did that.

Happy to use my FP4 with /e/-OS now

1 Like