eCloud possible issues with syncing content - please test

Little update from my side.

• Pics that I had taken yesterday, were finally uploaded in the cloud. It just took around 5 hrs. Pictures that I have taken today are not uploaded yet. I am wondering if it could br possible that the pic/video and mail sync is only executed every 12 hours (at 7 and 19h)?
  • The pictures that I deleted some days ago on my device are still present in the cloud.
  • I tried manually to sync pics, but pics are not synced with cloud neither.

@Manoj

• Yes, my device is Poco F1/Beryllium
  • Device specific? Likely as there are only few others who reported.

I have the same issue. I’ve a OnePlus 3 but it has the UNOFFICIAL rom. It takes many hours before uploading photo or video. Though calendar and email are working as expected and both sync fast.

Would you please report the state of this?

settings --> apps --> eDrive --> permissions -->  storage

Is it enabled or disabled?
If disabled, please:

• enable it
  • test again and report if it fixes the synchronization issue

settings --> apps --> there is no eDrive app on my phone.

Update @ tcecyk: Thanks for the explanation. On my OnePlus 3 eDrive storage is enabled. Which makes sense as it uploads photo and video it only takes several hours. Version beta-1-build-o-20-06-05T2120

in the upper right when all (user) apps are listed, there’s the option to show all system apps/services. There you can find “/e/ Drive” - it should be translated to your locale

There are two “/e/ Drive” listed (one in the main profile and the other in the Shelter/work profile), and both have Storage permissions enabled.

Version beta-1-build-n-20-08-13T1523 (for both)

S7, android 8.1, /e/ O.11 and storage permission for edrive is active…

But doesn’t work for me.

Is this issue recent …starting in the past week ?

I am using a slight earlier version

Pictures and Videos are syncing for me.
There is a problem with the Contacts sync recently, which only started 2 days ago.

DEVICE:
POCOPHONE F1

HTTP RESPONSE:
Response{protocol=http/1.1, code=500, message=Internal Server Error, url=https://ecloud.global/remote.php/dav/addressbooks/users/xxxx@e.email/contacts/}

500 Internal Server Error

500 Internal Server Error

nginx

I have no evidence, but the “camera” folder is empty…and my old pictures are still in the “opencamera” folder. So i think the problem exist since the update to oreo

I tested today and it works!
Thanks /e/team

1 Like

Hi @Manoj

Just for your information and to answer your question, I have the same issue : syncing photos stopped working.
Last photos synced in my OpenCamera folder on ecloud.global is dated 10th September 2020.

I haven’t participated in the test as posted by Gael in this discussion.
My version is still 20200810 67149 stable-star2lte

Also, I checked the storage permission on the eDrive app, all good.

I hope this helps.
I will look out for the forum to see if anything has been identified.

All the best

Jeff

Still not working after update to 0.12-2020100176273 on herolte.

/e/ Drive is still at version beta-1-build-n-20-08-13T1523

Are you still having this issue with the sync. If yes pl can you raise an issue on Gitlab if not already done.

@keverts - there were no commits to the app since august, the version string is thus up to date

As there already exists a gitlab issue backlog#1772 I think it is helpful if affected persons continue to post their logs. To filter to relevant log components and Errors use

adb logcat chatty ActivityManager ScannerJob ObserverService OperationManagerService DbHelper *:E

(or *:S to silent everything else)

I’m on a 0.12-pie dev and only see successful e.drive syncs after a reboot, as @rhunault noted.

Flipping the sync button on/off for “Pictures and videos” and activating “Sync now” in the Account settings doesn’t seem to overwrite the half-hour file sync interval and has no consequence (either in logcat or the accesslogs of a remote instance. You’d see PUT requests by the eDrive user-agent then). This would offer another user workaround to reboots.

I’m a new /e/ user, with e-0.13-o-2020120889191-dev-starlte installed on a Galaxy S9. I noticed that out of 7 photos, only 2 are showing on the cloud (https://ecloud.global/apps/photos/). I tried the test above from @GaelDuval but nothing changed.

Is this still an issue?

FWIW, I tried the above test again late last night before sleeping. Checking this morning, I see that all the photos/video from the phone sync’ed successfully overnight.

What would be good to know is if there is a default time delay that it takes for photos or anything else to sync? It seems notes and contacts are sync’d fairly quickly.

Syncing seems to be having problems again. I’ve noticed that new photos aren’t showing up in desktop under photos or in files -> photos/etc.

Any updates on this issue, a major feature, being looked into?

I did a bit of debugging with e-0.12. Per sync config in /e/ there’s an interval of 30min of syncing content and this one was crashing. That said, a charging or boot event will trigger another type of “intent” (no Android dev, sorry for terminology) and a sync will complete successfully in my observation. As I’m now on e-0.14 I’ll have another look soon. Charging was my workaround.