Email app - what happened to flagging spam?

Absolutely! Everything looks normal on ecloud/desktop.

Then as a last resort you probably need to remove your Murena account from your device in Settings > Accounts, clear cache and storage of the Mail app, then put back your Murena account and set the email account (this part should be automatic).

Removing my account, clearing cache/storage, restoring my account - worked! The options to flag / refile as spam are backā€¦

BUT - now there is a problem with actually sending/receiving emails, see this error and my outgoing/incoming server settings seem correct no?

Good to know about the spam!

The incoming and outgoing servers look correct. Do you get any error when clicking NEXT, or is it only when sending/receiving emails?

Also did you define identities (in the settings of the Mail app, your account, sending emails)?

Yes, when clicking Next there was an error about not finding/connecting to the host, despite having the correct settings.

I decided to go nuclear and performed a factory reset/format from recovery and that seems to have fixed everything.

Having to deal with this problem for the last few days after updating to T really made me loose a lot of goodwill & confidence in this OS/platform. If it wasnā€™t for people helping on the forums I would have given up years ago - so thanks to everyone who replied. Iā€™m going to have to think it over whether or not I stop using /e/.

1 Like

Sorry to hear you have such a bad experience with /e/OS, for me on my Fairphone 4 things run quite smoothly for 1.5 years now, of course looking for a lot of information in the forum, writing the helpdesk, raising issues on Gitlabā€¦can be frustrating but to me thatā€™s normal life of open source and collaborative dev.

To me the strength of /e/OS relies also on its flexibility: you donā€™t like the default launcher, install another one. The Mail app bugs, install an alternative oneā€¦etc. Hence this page for recommending alternatives.

Good luck.

1 Like

Itā€™s not all bad, when problems do arise eventually I (or we :sunglasses: ) find a solution, though this time around was more frustrating then usual. I was part of the testing group for the FP4 in the US, itā€™s a nice phone and itā€™s obvious why that device has fewer problems, seeing how itā€™s one of the flagship /e/ phones. As someone who prefers other hardware, itā€™s a mixed bag.

I am ambivalent about it all. I know Lineage and can always go back to that. Iā€™m also vaguely curious about Graphene or Calyx but those are Pixel oriented OSā€™s, which I have a hard time accepting. Using a de-Googled OS on a Google manufactured phoneā€¦

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.