Emailtracker detected in /e/ newsletter

I have subscribed to the /e/ foundation’s newsletter for a while now.
The other day I noticed through my Proton email address that 1 tracker was blocked by default. The tracker is from ‘Sendgrid.com’ .
What does this tracker do and why is it present in the newsletter of a foundation that values privacy?

1 Like

https://community.e.foundation/search?q=sendgrid

Thanks and sorry, I thought a topic for this had been started at some point, but I wasn’t sure. I searched on “newsletter” but didn’t find anything.

1 Like

You’re right. The other topic doesn’t have the word “newsletter” anywhere. Just tough luck.

Pl can you share the newsletter date. This issue was resolved some time back.

1 Like

The latest from October 13

Older newsletters also all have a tracker from ‘Sendgrid.com’ , the oldest I have is from Aug. 4

Thanks. Will share the details with the technical team. There should be no trackers in the newsletter or any communication we send out.

4 Likes

I shared the information with the dev team. An issue has been created here to track and resolve this.

1 Like

Still a tracker from Sendgrid.com present in yesterday’s newsletter.

I get an error (Page Not Found) when I click on the link to Gitlab.

Thanks for informing. Had reported it the same day to the team. We are working on removing the tracker from the newsletter.

2 Likes

Newsletter November 17 : tracker still present.

1 Like

That is because the team has as yet not resolved the issue. Will check for an ETA.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.