Error in building OnePlus 7T

Trying to build for the OnePlus 7T which is supported by LineageOS. I have followed the guide, have Docker installed and am at the point to execute docker using the following:

sudo docker run
-v “/srv/e/src:/srv/src”
-v “/srv/e/zips:/srv/zips”
-v “/srv/e/logs:/srv/logs”
-v “/srv/e/ccache:/srv/ccache”
-e “BRANCH_NAME=v0.16-q”
-e “DEVICE_LIST=hotdogb”
-e “OTA_URL=”
-e “REPO=https://gitlab.e.foundation/e/os/releases.git
registry.gitlab.e.foundation:5000/e/os/docker-lineage-cicd:community

It eventually errors out with Missing “vendor/lineage”, aborting. Checked the logs and I have the following:

error: Cannot fetch TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_oneplus (TypeError: write() takes no keyword arguments)
error: Cannot fetch TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_htc (TypeError: write() takes no keyword arguments)
multiprocessing.pool.RemoteTraceback:
“”"
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/pool.py”, line 125, in worker
result = (True, func(*args, **kwds))
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/multiprocessing/pool.py”, line 48, in mapstar
return list(map(*args))
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py”, line 319, in _FetchProjectList
return [self._FetchOne(opt, x) for x in projects]
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py”, line 319, in
return [self._FetchOne(opt, x) for x in projects]
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py”, line 335, in _FetchOne
success = project.Sync_NetworkHalf(
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py”, line 1140, in Sync_NetworkHalf
if not self._RemoteFetch(
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/project.py”, line 2208, in _RemoteFetch
output_redir.write(‘\n%s:\n%s’ % (self.name, gitcmd.stdout), file=sys.stderr)
TypeError: write() takes no keyword arguments
“”"

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/main.py”, line 631, in
_Main(sys.argv[1:])
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/main.py”, line 605, in _Main
result = run()
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/main.py”, line 598, in
run = lambda: repo._Run(name, gopts, argv) or 0
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/main.py”, line 262, in _Run
result = cmd.Execute(copts, cargs)
File “/srv/src/Q/.repo/repo/subcmds/sync.py”, line 859, in Execute
success, fetched = self._Fetch(to_fetch, op

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regain your privacy! Adopt /e/ the unGoogled mobile OS and online servicesphone

It looks like your build needs to pull in vendor files from TheMuppets github repos. To do this with docker, the following line needs to be added to your docker run command

-e "INCLUDE_PROPRIETARY=true" \
1 Like

Ty this fixed the issue!

It appears LOS 18.1 is only option available on their GitHub. So would I have to wait for /e/ os to catch up to Android R before I can build?

I can see the problem I’m not sure how to fix (or even whether it can be fixed).

Your build is correctly picking up the lineageOS device repo on github https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_oneplus_hotdogb.

It is then trying to get hold of the lineage-17.1 branch (because current /e/ OS Q is based on LOS v17.1). But there is no lineage-17.1 branch in that repo, only lineage-18.1.

When we check the LOS downloads page for this device, all we see is 18.1 builds. So it looks like your device is supported by LOS 18.1 but not 17.1.

Searching github for other android_device_oneplus_hotdogb repos, we find this one: https://github.com/joske/android_device_oneplus_hotdogb. This appears to be owned by the developer working on an unofficial LOS 17.1 ROM - see this XDA thread. Unfortunately, from reading the thread, that ROM is nowhere near working.

Without a working LOS 17.1 ROM, your chances of getting a working /e/ ROM anytime soon are small. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :frowning:

If I owned this device then, in the absence of a working /e/ ROM, I would install the LOS 18.1 ROM, along with MicroG via Nanodroid, though I don’t know whether NanoDroid - or MicroG - supports LOS 18.1 yet . My normal advice would be to use LineageOS for microG, but it isn’t built for this device yet ( :frowning: again )

Good luck!

Thank you for the response. I read a bit and realized it’s because LOS only has their 18.1 on git. After a bit of reading I can build microg+LOS for 18.1. I’ll do that until e os catches up to Android R.

Thanks!

1 Like