Error verifying vbmeta on Galaxy Note 20 Ultra

I’m trying to install TWRP on my Note 20 Ultra - Exynos - N986BXXS6HWE2 - Binary 6 - Android 13

However, whenever I try to install TRWP it shows a VBMETA error, I already got VBMETA from forums to install and nothing, I already tried to get TWRP from the TWRP website itself which says it is compatible with Note 20 ultra Exynos, I already got VBMETA from within the Stock Rom in the AP file that has the vbmeta that is compatible with the ROM binary, and nothing works, it installs it in Odin, the phone restarts but then the error message appears:

Odin mode (SVB Fail)!
Recovery: No footer detected (0)
recovery: Error Verifying vbmeta image: invalid vbmeta header (6)
VBMETA N986BXXS6HWE2, 64461433R

I already tried to upload VBMETA first which I took from my Stock Rom and then TWRP, I tried to install both together and it also gives the same error.

I tried to upload OrangeFox via Odin using the extracted Recovery.img.tar file and it didn’t work either, it stopped on this same screen!

I don’t know where I’m going wrong and this is beyond my capabilities, PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat: :cold_sweat:

Recupere sua privacidade! Adote /e/ o sistema operacional móvel e os serviços on-line não pesquisados ​​no Google telefone

I think this is the best source for this topic:

https://xdaforums.com/f/samsung-galaxy-note-20-ultra-roms-kernels-recove.11211/

1 Like

it is not the one you need, you will find the good one here :

https://xdaforums.com/t/recovery-official-3-6-1-x-twrp-for-galaxy-note-20-note-20-ultra-exynos.4441695/

I managed to install, but it only works when I climbed VBMETA + TWRP and disabled the automatic reboot. Because if Odin gives reboot the cell phone deletes the recovery custom and returns to the standard recovery and has the VBMETA error.

Oh what did I do? I disabled the automatic reboot and installed the Twrp + Vbemeta together without giving the reboot and oh yes it worked.

However, it overlaps the operating system and booted on TWRP.

Certainly Samsung has no partition /recovery, I don’t know, I can be wrong in this statement, but if I go up to Twrp it does not boot in the operating system, which makes me conclude that the Samsung partition is unified in the partition /boot at the root of the system . In this case, TWRP only pays off on Samsung if you have a Custom ROM ready to go up, because Rom Stock doesn’t boot.

1 Like

Helllo. I had the same problem when trying to install Twrp, I wanted to ask a question. can I use these vbmeta files?

I have version N985FXXS9HWL1 and on occasions I have tried with the vbmeta files of the official rom but it has not been possible to install TWRP. I would like some guide so I don’t have this same problem. I’m new to this and don’t have much knowledge.

could you please share a link to the /e/ build .ZIP file you want to install ?

Odin mode (SVB Fail)!
Recovery: No footer detected (0)
recovery: Error Verifying vbmeta image: invalid vbmeta header (6)
VBMETA N986BXXS6HWE2, 64461433R
So look at the N986BXXS6HWE2 on the screen and then search on the internet “download N986BXXS6HWE2 firmware” and look for the most official looking files and download them (if their all in a zip file then download the [model string].zip file)