Error while installing /e/ on sony Xperia XA2

I did try reverting but its still the same screen with vertial lines then flashing white screen, green screen and black. No matter what i do its the same screen in the end.

I think emma is working, maybe my screen is toasted

TWRP works right? So don’t think screen is defective.

No Twrp does not show up on the mobile screen.

TWRP boot image get flashed fastboot boot twrp.img works.

In my case, Emma offered only 1 option (so no choice or downgrade possible). I do not know if it linked to the model of XA2 (H4113 double SIM , EU, perhaps there are some specific regional versions?) or some restrictions linked to model/region. And as I have no other experience with flashing, I do not know if it is peculiar

I have no suggestions, sorry … I am really a newbie with all the flashing stuff … I can only check with version Emma used to flash my phone when it worked

So it does not work, and works :thinking:. We have to define “works”, if TWRP works you’ll get the TWRP screen when you boot into recovery. Did you ever see it in your attempts?

ok it does not work. What I meant was that it shows that it booted successfully on the terminal.

It only worked once on the phone, in the very beggining, and in that instance I was able to install the /e/ image and since then i’ve got all the issues.

Sony has obviously published a false piece of information here!

After all I’ve read so far, I can say that with a clear conscience.

@andrelam instructions I never doubted. At this point I would also like to thank @andrelam or his unprecedented support and perseverance. I’ve never seen anything like it in the forum world before. Bravo!

Another proof that an Xperia XA2 downgrade from 9-Pie to 8-Oero is possible is shown in the tutorial "
Downgrading Android from 9 to 8.1 on XA2."

© Jolla Ltd, Finland, August 7th, 2019 [PDF How to revert Xperia XA2 from Android 9 to Android 8 ]

I tired flashing AOSP, there were no errors but on power on the screen was just the same as usual

Starts of will lots of vertical lines in the middle of the screen
then white screen
then greenish screen then black

So I’m 95% certain that my phone screen went off at some point, maybe after /e/ image was flashed over the pre-installed android 9.

I am not sure whether warranty will cover this. This seems a shame as I do not have another phone.

Apart, from the dissapointment. I really want to that you @andrelam for all constant support and guidance. Big thanks to @sonyxa2, @archie and also to @Eeloed for his private message with instructions.

And if I can afford another phone or to get this fixed, I would certainly try again, but would make sure to downgrade to android 8 in the first place.

You guys are awesome! Keep on the good work.

I only noted down the version I installed with Emma the first time I needed it: 50.1.A.13.123. I understand that I was lucky, after all …

If you do get another phone to flash e, I recommend any of the oneplus phones. Seamless flash and really good well built solid devices.

Welcome to help, sorry it did not work out. You could try to flash AOSP 9 if you have some energy left :wink:

1 Like

Another alternative from the forum.xda-developers to flashing with ADB-FASTBOOT for Xperia XA2 [H4113] users » AOSP Android 10.0.0.0 (to save the “tosted” XA2).

Good point. What would be the right device for a newbie to try /e/?
Would it be important to highlight it on the device list?
Would the choice be limited?

My experience with the Sony XA2, although successful in the end, was not really a piece of cake (again, for a newbie; perhaps it was simply a standard job for someone skilled). My choice of the device was due to few facts:

• availability (for instance I could not get a compatible Motorola so easily, or perhaps I did not search for it well)
  • specs OK
  • price (which considers the above as well)
  • I decided to avoid some of the makers on the list
    = the list got shorter … but one of the item I clearly overlooked (since I did not know anything about it, so I considered every device equal) was the simplicity of the flashing procedure / installation of /e/ … and after spending time fighting with the device, I came to the conclusion that this last point was paramount (again, for a newbie), and perhaps, the best option would have been a refurbished device with /e/ preinstalled