Essential PH-1 new installation, help needed

I somehow managed to get /e/ running on my Essential today. So far so good, I am typing this from the phone, but there are some issues I am encountering:

1. The calendar notification keeps going off for ‘Event Notifications’, and the main toggle for that app’s ‘show notification’ doesn’t work, i.e. it’s stuck on. Can’t turn it off. At least it can be set to silent. I noticed that I can’t turn off notifications for any other apps either.

2. Can’t turn off vibration on keyboard keystrokes no matter what. This is the most annoying.

3. Widget weirdness… Are no widgets allowed on the main screen?

4. Left screen question - can the search bar, app suggestions and weather widgets not be moved, deleted, etc? The weather widget doesn’t work for me unless I’m doing something wrong.

Are any of these solvable by using something else from the app store, set it as the default, then disabling the busted ones?

Any other tips if you got them are welcome… Thanks for reading.

OP here. Resolved #2 above - vibration on touch option needed to be turned off deep in system/language/virtual keyboard/etc.

Kind of figured out weather widget functionality? #4…assumed I needed an API key from Openweather so got that request sent in, waiting on verification.

Calendar notification is still going bonkers, I’ve tried a few different things to no avail.

I guess I’ll keep updating this thread as others might benefit from the info.

OP here again.

Well, I think I’m done. This wasn’t the OS I hoped it would be for the Essential. The /e/ ecosystem was the draw, but the inter-connectivity is severely lacking. Also, sync between the phone apps and desktop apps FAIL, with the error being ‘broken server connection’.

Good luck with the project, hope it gets better but it falls short for me.